PDA

View Full Version : Banned

voltron87b
02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
First part edited on second though. I don't believe that, if someone read it.

So I got banned for using a censor bypass. Oops.

I think there probably should be some sort of an option for users to choose whether or not 4 letter words, etc should be censored. Some people object, so they should show up as [censored], other people don't so it should show up as (I really want to get my temporary account banned for censor bypass right here... but I'll resist.

So, whoever's the moderator, can I have my account back if I play by the rules? Thanks.

partygirluk
02-28-2005, 05:05 PM
I like your idea re. optional censored words. Could be extended so users can decide which words to block.

Suggest pming MatSklansky to get your account back. He likes to ban as a warning.

jakethebake
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Who the [censored] are you?

AngryCola
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like your idea re. optional censored words. Could be extended so users can decide which words to block.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, I'm not sure the software supports this.
I believe it's an all or nothing kind of setting.

nothumb
02-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I only go around the censors once in a blue moon, when I really mean it, and it's always at the end of some long, content-driven rant that nobody will read anyway.

Plus, it's in the Politics forum, so nobody cares.

There's really no need to curse 99.9% of the time. You may want to expand your vocabulary.

I agree that it should be optional to censor swearwords, though. Once they do that you need to stop avoiding the filter altogether.

NT

cnfuzzd
02-28-2005, 05:18 PM
man, i seriously hope you get your account back, but really, you were warned....

told ya so (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=1746319&Foru m=,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=5&Limit =25&Main=1739639&Search=true&where=&Name=8823&date range=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&b odyprev=#Post1746319)

pwn3d

peace

john nickle

dr. klopek
02-28-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only go around the censors once in a blue moon, when I really mean it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best way to do it anyway. Swearing loses it's effect when overdone.

voltron87b
02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
true, true.

I don't think I overdo swearing in particular, but I agree with posters who say it should be used sparingly.

I mostly posted this as a warning to other posters, don't do what I did, because you will get banned. I think that when people like me post warnings like this is makes moderation more effective. So I'm part of the solution.

Freakin
02-28-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm part of the solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

And problem.....

Will you change your temp's avatar?

Freakin