PDA

View Full Version : overplayed 10 10 agains manaic???

stillbr
02-28-2005, 04:52 PM
maniac is on a huge huge rush.. seen him go from 100 to 300ish in about 30 mins.

his stats are 65/20 after 75 hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

did i play this correctly? Did it just suck that i ran into a bigger pocket pair? I called the flop raise in-order to check raise the turn. Does anybody fold after villian 3 bets the turn?? I cant see him doing this with anything but JJ-AA but couldnt lay it down

shadow29
02-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Are you sure you aren't the maniac?

private joker
02-28-2005, 04:57 PM
How did you plan on checkraising the turn from the button?

MercTec
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Looks good to me. 3-betting the flop is an option, but I see the merits of the turn raise.

Depends on manaical he is though. What have u seen him 3 bet PF with?

stillbr
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
i meant raise the turn...

can i have some meaningful comments please

stillbr
02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

will u explain your thinking please. How is what ive done here maniacish?? villian is 65/20. where do you think i went crazy? the only part i can see where i possibly went wrong was calling down after the villian 3bets me on the turn

stillbr
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. 3-betting the flop is an option, but I see the merits of the turn raise.

Depends on manaical he is though. What have u seen him 3 bet PF with?

[/ QUOTE ]

looking back in pt he has 3bet preflop with AJo, 66, AA, K10o all of which he won

PokerBob
02-28-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maniac is on a huge huge rush.. seen him go from 100 to 300ish in about 30 mins.

his stats are 65/20 after 75 hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

did i play this correctly? Did it just suck that i ran into a bigger pocket pair? I called the flop raise in-order to check raise the turn. Does anybody fold after villian 3 bets the turn?? I cant see him doing this with anything but JJ-AA but couldnt lay it down

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is a maniac, but capping pf here is not good IMO unless you have other monkies trapped, as you are a slight favorite at best and a 4:1 dog at worst.

You can't fold this with that flop, but you may be behind. IMO you MUST raise the flop because (a) you may be ahead, so get your money in while you're leading, and (b) it will make playing the turn easier, as if he puts the last bet in on the flop, you KNOW you can slow down.

Your line sucks cuz you really want to show this down, but he is wearing a flashing sign around his neck (i.e. his turn 3-bet) that says "I HAVE A BIG PAIR".

You want to get to showdown cheaply if he doesn't back off.

Put the last bet in on the flop. Call down if he keeps firing.

PokerBob
02-28-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

will u explain your thinking please. How is what ive done here maniacish?? villian is 65/20. where do you think i went crazy? the only part i can see where i possibly went wrong was calling down after the villian 3bets me on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think calling down on the turn is bad, but I don't think it is good either. You want to look him up, but if he's 3 betting the turn into a pf capper with a hand you are ahead of, he's beyond maniac IMO.

MercTec
02-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Loose but not crazy...hmmm.

I think i call the 3 bet PF.
Bet the flop and 3 bet it if he raises.
If he caps the flop, call it down the rest of the way w/o improvement.
LAGs get big pairs sometimes too.

PokerBob
02-28-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loose but not crazy...hmmm.

I think i call the 3 bet PF.
Bet the flop and 3 bet it if he raises.
If he caps the flop, call it down the rest of the way w/o improvement.
LAGs get big pairs sometimes too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I MEANT to say in my post, but I lack articulatory skill.

private joker
02-28-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I do not think this looks good. This guy is giving you information you don't want to hear. Stop raising him.

I wouldn't cap preflop with TT. You'll flop an overcard half the time. Now that you got the flop you wanted and pounced on it, he checkraised you. What does that say? It says he knew you would bet and no matter what you had, he's getting in two bets on this flop before you outdraw him.

He can beat a pair of tens. Not that you should immediately fold, but it's time to stop raising. Call him down. If he has AK, great -- you've gotten a worse hand to bet into you on three streets. If he has you beat, you only lose one bet on the turn and river each.

PokerBob
02-28-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that you got the flop you wanted and pounced on it, he checkraised you. What does that say? It says he knew you would bet and no matter what you had, he's getting in two bets on this flop before you outdraw him.

He can beat a pair of tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/ring the flop here HU and then leading the turn no matter what hits is a nice way to get someone off AKs, dontcha think?

mr pink
02-28-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't fold this with that flop, but you may be behind. IMO you MUST raise the flop because (a) you may be ahead, so get your money in while you're leading, and (b) it will make playing the turn easier, as if he puts the last bet in on the flop, you KNOW you can slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely want to see a showdown with that flop but i disagree with you on the second part. once he check/raises the flop, i think 3-betting is too much. unless you plan on folding to a cap or on the turn UI, which would be bad against a maniac. also he could just call the 3-bet w/ an overpair and then go for the check/raise on the turn. i think it's just time to call him down.

private joker
02-28-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

c/ring the flop here HU and then leading the turn no matter what hits is a nice way to get someone off AKs, dontcha think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if you have a hand that beats TT. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

lmbree
02-28-2005, 05:42 PM
I probably 3 bet that flop and when it is capped I think seriously about folding the turn bet. Unless he is a total idiot (65-20 being close) and in that case i call down. I guess in this particular instance I call down because I have seen a few guys like this cap the flop with hands like A 7.

mr pink
02-28-2005, 05:45 PM
flop raises usually tend not to impress maniacs. a true maniac could easily cap the flop with AK, which is why i'd want to get this one to a show down.

stillbr
02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I do not think this looks good. This guy is giving you information you don't want to hear. Stop raising him.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was in refrence to shadows post. not any others