PDA

View Full Version : Flushed on the turn, action?

Entity
02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Flop bettor is pretty passive in general. What's my turn play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($79.73)
SB ($20.85)
BB ($24.91)
UTG ($40.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $3, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($11) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, Hero...

nothumb
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
More important than passive is how loose is he? If he will call a minraise here with a lot of hands that are drawing dead or thin, I think that's an option. If he will overcall you I don't think smooth calling is too bad either.

That flop bet is weird, it kind of screams weak ten or junky two pair. Depends on what it would take for him to get away from one of these hands.

NT

djoyce003
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
I sit there....let the clock go a little, then call...and hope for the overcall from the SB. If you are really lucky UTG has a smaller flush that he just made and is making a small bet figuring that he has everyone beat and he wants the calls. You are way way ahead and I don't think anyone has a set given the action. I wait to raise another UTG bet on the river, and pray for an unpairing blank to hit...you don't want another club as that is an action killer. IF he has the flush already you can expect a bigger bet on the river that you can raise.

parttimepro
02-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Jack it up on the turn, and hope UTG has a smaller flush. SB will probably fold even if you just call, unless he's got 2 pair or better. I'd make it 10-15 so you can easily push on the river. Bet it now because:

-If he doesn't have anything, you're not getting paid any more anyway.

-1/3 of the deck either slows you down (8, T, 3, Q) or kills your action (another club).

-You want to get UTG's whole stack, and he's got another 35, so you shouldn't wait till the river to build the pot.

-You set up bluffs on future hands.

TheWorstPlayer
02-28-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jack it up on the turn, and hope UTG has a smaller flush. SB will probably fold even if you just call, unless he's got 2 pair or better. I'd make it 10-15 so you can easily push on the river. Bet it now because:

-If he doesn't have anything, you're not getting paid any more anyway.

-1/3 of the deck either slows you down (8, T, 3, Q) or kills your action (another club).

-You want to get UTG's whole stack, and he's got another 35, so you shouldn't wait till the river to build the pot.

-You set up bluffs on future hands.

[/ QUOTE ]