PDA

View Full Version : Which street was the worst?

pudley4
02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
PP 5/10 6max

BB hadn't been at the table long, but seemed decently aggressive. I was by far the most aggressive player at the table.

Folded to me on the button with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif, I raise. Only BB calls.

Flop (4 SB): K /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, <font color="red"> I bet, BB raises, </font>I call.

Turn (4 BB): Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

<font color="red"> BB bets, I raise, BB reraises,</font> I call.

River (10 BB): T /images/graemlins/club.gif

<font color="red"> Bet, raise,</font> call.

So which was the worst?

TStoneMBD
02-28-2005, 05:30 PM
obvious preflop raise, obvious river raise. you really cant fold the flop because you cannot appear weak. you have a backdoor flush draw and possible 6 overcards to a small pair. the turn is where the mistake came. you should only consider raising the turn if villain is so maniac that he will 3bet you with crap. if hes at all reasonable then you paid an extra 2BB to see the showdown, but the T bailed you out.

MAxx
02-28-2005, 06:46 PM
2 things...

i like the location.

i like this post, b/c this is one part of my game that i think i am weak on. you see, i almost always fold to the flop c/r b/c i dont like the overcard to my overcards. i think i see how week that is. most of the time i am incorrectly folding, when i should be peeling. you likely have 6 outs and villain is likley c/r with something other than a K a great deal of the time.

anyone else ever have this hangup? now what if that K was an A, does that change things? i guess not.

i suppose this is also player dependant to some degree. is your default in these types of situations to peel turn and fold turn unimproved, but call improved?

edit: ps i voted turn.

actually i would have noticed the backdoor flush and backdoor straight and probably called this c/r.

however, say there was no backdoor flush... wouldn't still be right to peel one for your Q or T if you consider what most peeps will cr this flop with? when considering approx 8sb pot. damn the more i think about it the more obvious it is.

Danenania
02-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Why raise the turn and let him off the hook if he's on a bluff or low pair? And then when he 3-bets you gotta lay it down. Decently aggro isn't enough for a calldown here with 2nd pair weak kicker on a drawless board.

edit: oops didn't notice that the 3 was another heart. Still feel the same though.

MAxx
02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
i agree with not raising turn, but i disagree from it being a drawless board. in fact this board is fairly drawsy by the turn... with a flush draw and several straight draws.

edit: if you mean hero has no draws, i gotcha. however villain certainly could be drawing.