PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of the Bonus Whores???

feelixthegreek
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I play at pokerroom, and this weekend the play at 2-4 was as tight and tough as it's ever been. I lost a huge chunk of BBs before I wised up and adjusted my play. Any of you all responsible for the sudden uptick in the quality of play? Or am I just looking for excuses for my downswing?

brettbrettr
02-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I was there. It sucked. I stole blinds for a while, then decided that this is the last PR bonus I'm chasing. Then I started stealing blinds again.

prayformojo
02-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Same story here. I gave up on limit play there. With a month to clear the bonus, I should hit it playing occasional SnGs. The competition for tournaments there seems much much weaker than for limit.

Argus
02-28-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any of you all responsible for the sudden uptick in the quality of play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I gotta eat.
Seriously though, I saw 2/4 tables with 28% of players seeing the flop, which is rare. My advice is to move up to 3/6; I've made more BB there since the bonus than I have at 2/4. The players there are as loose or looser. If you stick to 2/4 I've found open raising any two from CO or later to be +EV. Try it.

Argus
02-28-2005, 06:06 PM
There's some good 2/4 right now, and even some nice empty seats. I hope you aren't Robzola. Try Bridgeport if you read this in the next 5-30 minutes.