PDA

View Full Version : B&M Pocket Aces Hand -- Bad beat or not?

Beezos
02-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Full Ring Game, 1-2 blinds, avg stack size ~$300

UTG Raises to 7. Hero in midposition reraises with pocket aces to 20. One caller in the late position. Original raiser calls.

Flop comes Jx9d8d. UTG checks. I bet 50. Late position calls. UTG checkraise 100 more. I ponder whether UTG has a set of jacks. I have no good read on him, but i dont beleive he has a set. I push all in. 100 more. Late position thinks, then says "what the hell, i'm all in too." UTG calls. I flip over my aces. Late position flips over pocket tens with Open ended str8 draw We each have a diamond. Turn pairs the board, and the the river was diamond. UTG checkraiser does not show until the river when the diamond comes, showing Jd7d.

I thought the UTG made a horrible play and just got lucky. But looking back he did have about 11 clean outs. 2 jacks, 2 7's, 7 diamonds.

Did I miss play this hand? Could I have played it any better?

LuvDemNutz
02-28-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Full Ring Game, 1-2 blinds, avg stack size ~$300

UTG Raises to 7. Hero in midposition reraises with pocket aces to 20. One caller in the late position. Original raiser calls.

Flop comes Jx9d8d. UTG checks. I bet 50. Late position calls. UTG checkraise 100 more. I ponder whether UTG has a set of jacks. I have no good read on him, but i dont beleive he has a set. I push all in. 100 more. Late position thinks, then says "what the hell, i'm all in too." UTG calls. I flip over my aces. Late position flips over pocket tens with Open ended str8 draw We each have a diamond. Turn pairs the board, and the the river was diamond. UTG checkraiser does not show until the river when the diamond comes, showing Jd7d.

I thought the UTG made a horrible play and just got lucky. But looking back he did have about 11 clean outs. 2 jacks, 2 7's, 7 diamonds.

Did I miss play this hand? Could I have played it any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG raising with Jd7d and calling a reraise with Jd7d is pretty bad. But his push with Top pair and flush draw if he thought there was a chance both of you would fold, isn't that bad.

If your table is full of loosies like this raise more with your AA.

KissDeezNuts
02-28-2005, 03:47 PM
What the hell was he doin in there with J7 in the first place. probably should've pushed more preflop instead of just to 20. Overall you were unlucky.