PDA

View Full Version : Good to be Bad

The Dude
02-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I think Michael Moore is glad his film won some Razzies.

cnn.com reports (http://cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/26/oscars.razzies.reut/index.html)

peachy
02-28-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

cnn.com reports (http://cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/26/oscars.razzies.reut/index.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

he should be shot...i cannot stand this arrogant SOB...i refuse to watch his 911 movie...i wont give that retarded a dime of my money

The Dude
02-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree. He's one of the few people I hate more than Ann Coulter - and that's saying a lot.

peachy
02-28-2005, 03:40 PM
i was forcred to watch his bowling for columbine movie in a psych class...good does he tilt to ONE side a weeee bit too much...after the movie was over...i wanted to hunt him down, hog tie his greasy a$$, and ship him out on an empty refugee boat to inhabit some other country

lu_hawk
02-28-2005, 03:40 PM
he is hard at work on his next movie describing how merck, pfizer, j&j, etc. are trying to kill you in order to make a profit. i wonder if he will use bear scrotum and elk tongue when he gets cancer instead of the evil medicine of the capitalists.

AngryCola
02-28-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was forcred to watch his bowling for columbine movie in a psych class...good does he tilt to ONE side a weeee bit too much...after the movie was over...i wanted to hunt him down, hog tie his greasy a$$, and ship him out on an empty refugee boat to inhabit some other country

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I find these kinds of responses to Moore disturbing.

I may not agree with him, but these types of attacks from those of you who don't like him are way over the line.

I don't get it. It seems like that's a pretty standard conservative attitude.
If anything, it just makes you look sillier than he often does.

Matty
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Funny that some people on this thread sound like Anne Coulter herself.

"I'd prefer to use a baseball bat to talk to liberals"

How is that different than

"use machetes on the tutsis"?

[censored] fascists.

I don't think anyoen takes Moore's words as truth, but he does bring up issues and his movies are usually good for a laugh or two.

dr. klopek
02-28-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not agree with him, but these types of attacks from those of you who don't like him are way over the line.

I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think it can be summed up in the Michael Moore character from Team America. Instead of saying why he's wrong...two hot dogs. The typical argument against him usually mentions that he's fat, or that he's a spin doctor. Unfortunately, he's far better informed about just about everything than the vast majority of his detractors, despite being presumtuous and manipulative.

AngryCola
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The typical argument against him usually mentions that he's fat, or that he's a spin doctor

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Honestly, it just makes them seem like they are in middle school.

That reminds me, I still need to see Team America.

mmbt0ne
02-28-2005, 03:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
"I'd prefer to use a baseball bat to talk to liberals"

How is that different than

"use machetes on the tutsis"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't be serious.

The Dude
02-28-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyoen takes Moore's words as truth,

[/ QUOTE ]
That's just the thing. They do. Not just one or two of 'em, but millions of people take what he says seriously. Why? Because they hate Bush and will latch on to anything they can to justify that position.

I'm not saying most liberals do this - my whole family is liberal, and most of them are reasonable - but tons of people get fed this garbage and eat it like it's filet mignon. Same goes for conservatives who listen to Ann Coulter and the likes, but that doesn't excuse Michael Moore.

JaBlue
02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyoen takes Moore's words as truth

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't live in the bay area, then?

Shajen
02-28-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyoen takes Moore's words as truth,

[/ QUOTE ]
That's just the thing. They do. Not just one or two of 'em, but millions of people take what he says seriously. Why? Because they hate Bush and will latch on to anything they can to justify that position.

I'm not saying most liberals do this - my whole family is liberal, and most of them are reasonable - but tons of people get fed this garbage and eat it like it's filet mignon. Same goes for conservatives who listen to Ann Coulter and the likes, but that doesn't excuse Michael Moore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the Dude, I believe in moderation. Both ends of the extremes are wrong. But in the middle somewhere is the truth.

peachy
02-28-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The typical argument against him usually mentions that he's fat, or that he's a spin doctor

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a HUGE problem with him and its not b/c im on one side or another...its that too many people take him as the end all of be alls b/c of the way he presents himself and his information. And i assure u...im am extremely politically informed (my family is in politics), so dont go labeling my views when u have no idea where they stem from nor do u know my political views

dr. klopek
02-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Dude,

Is your beef with him that he's uninformed? Is it the way he presents his material? Is it that people idolize him, and agree zealously with whatever he says....?

The Dude
02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
He's not uninformed. He's deceptive and manipulative.

My point in making this post wasn't to turn this political, though. I thought it was funny that this might be the first time a filmmaker has ever been genuinely pleased that his film won some Razzies.

meep_42
02-28-2005, 04:20 PM
That's mighty American of you, to wish him harm for speaking his mind.

-d

02-28-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a HUGE problem with him and its not b/c im on one side or another...its that too many people take him as the end all of be alls b/c of the way he presents himself and his information. And i assure u...im am extremely politically informed (my family is in politics), so dont go labeling my views when u have no idea where they stem from nor do u know my political views

[/ QUOTE ]

WAIT. Your response -- one of the first in the list -- is that Michael Moore "should be shot". Presumably, because you don't like is point of view, or how he relates it. And you're complaining about how people characterize your viewpoint? Please. Stop.

stabn
02-28-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My point in making this post wasn't to turn this political, though. I thought it was funny that this might be the first time a filmmaker has ever been genuinely pleased that his film won some Razzies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of which, i can't believe the razzies actually get some publicity. Bush etc get razzies for their 'performance' in f/911? A film we can all guarantee they wanted no part of and didn't exactly act in? It seems like the razzies like the chance to push their political viewpoint as much as moore does...

Halle berry actually going and picking hers up is definitely an expert play though.

dr. klopek
02-28-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1)I agree that his problem is his sappy manipulation tactics. That's why I like his movies before "columbine," when he was michael moore, not "MICHAEL MOORE."
2)wtf is a razzy??? "Awards" for bad movies, I take it...

razor
02-28-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's deceptive and manipulative.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the only one?!?!??

peachy
02-28-2005, 04:34 PM
im not sayin HIS views r wrong...the way he protrays them for his own gains and the way he twists things into lies...no american who claims the things he does should do such things via exploited media attention. He has enough money to buy a small island...he should go there and make his own government and rule people the way he sees fit. That he should be SHOT wasnt LITERAL...come on now...its an expression of HOW MUCH im against what he does "in the name of this nation"...

and on the opinion thing...i havent made MINE public media and im not a total crazy about what i think and im not yelling it all over the streets and making movies, so therefore i think i can judge his opinion b/c its pretty clear...mine on the other hand is not clear...so dont make political presumptions about me...i nearly stated why i thought what he did is harmful to Americans (the way he presents it)

02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im not sayin HIS views r wrong...the way he protrays them for his own gains and the way he twists things into lies...no american who claims the things he does should do such things via exploited media attention. He has enough money to buy a small island...he should go there and make his own government and rule people the way he sees fit. That he should be SHOT wasnt LITERAL...come on now...its an expression of HOW MUCH im against what he does "in the name of this nation"...

and on the opinion thing...i havent made MINE public media and im not a total crazy about what i think and im not yelling it all over the streets and making movies, so therefore i think i can judge his opinion b/c its pretty clear...mine on the other hand is not clear...so dont make political presumptions about me...i nearly stated why i thought what he did is harmful to Americans (the way he presents it)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really feel that way, you should have a problem with all of talk radio in America, particularly "right wing" talk radio. The problem is that these people ... be they Michael Moore, or Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity, or Laura Ingraham ... are entertainers. They sell a product. If people are dumb enough to listen to entertainers for right and wrong ... and threaten bodily harm to them for stating their opinion (even in a "joke") ... then we are in a whole lot of trouble.

peachy
02-28-2005, 05:10 PM
They do listen to them...that IS the problem...and MOORE is on a whole other lvl than those people

02-28-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They do listen to them...that IS the problem...and MOORE is on a whole other lvl than those people

[/ QUOTE ]

While this certainly is a matter of opinion ... you can't be serious. Do you ever listen to any of the people I listed? Not only do they take significant liberties with facts (which you say Moore does as well), but they do it on a daily radio show. Moore has a movie once a year. So perhaps you want to reconsider who is on what level.

ChoicestHops
02-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Ann Coulter and Moore are both scumbags.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, very stereotypical. Liberals do the exact same thing to the conservative "leaders."

Grisgra
02-28-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wont give that retarded a dime of my money

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. You're a Republican.

Popinjay
02-28-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he should be shot...i cannot stand this arrogant SOB...i refuse to watch his 911 movie...i wont give that retarded a dime of my money

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you hate so much if you haven't seen it?

BreakEvenPlayer
02-28-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you hate so much if you haven't seen it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Peachy is so dumb dumb dumb, dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

She makes lame comments all day long, dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

thatpfunk
02-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Ugh this belongs in the politics forum now, but I'm sure a much more civil level of discourse could be achieved here...

For all those who say Moore distorts the truth, I would be interested to hear what facts/stories specifically you have a problem with. You know going into the movie that he is going to attempt to make a biased point, where does he LIE though?

02-28-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh this belongs in the politics forum now, but I'm sure a much more civil level of discourse could be achieved here...

For all those who say Moore distorts the truth, I would be interested to hear what facts/stories specifically you have a problem with. You know going into the movie that he is going to attempt to make a biased point, where does he LIE though?

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall hearing that the whole story about the administration allowing the Saudi royal family to leave the US when no planes were flying was not true. Perhaps someone can confirm this.

But my feeling about the movie was ... even if 75% of the movie was a lie, the mere fact that 25% of its facts/allegations were true should have caused a reasonable person to have grave concerns about re-electing this administration (and assuming that 75% of a documentary is false is, quite frankly, ridiculous, no matter what your point of view). Apparently, 52% of America did not agree with me.

I would have liked the most strident supporter of the administration to see the movie and tell me what is and is not a lie. I am open-minded. Unfortunately, nobody ever really did that. In fact, the admininstration's policy was more to ignore the movie than to comment on it. One can reasonably assume that, between the administration and the "conservative" talk radio block, a compelling case could have been made about a substantial portion of the movie being untrue, if that was in fact the case.

I apologize if this should be on the politics board ... I am afraid of those people.

Sponger15SB
02-28-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.moorelies.com/

thatpfunk
02-28-2005, 08:48 PM
I find that site ironic.

If I am not supposed to believe his films, there is no way I should be expected to believe that website...

How about some impartial news sources.

AEKDBet
02-28-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i refuse to watch his 911 movie...

[/ QUOTE ]

Know thy enemy

[ QUOTE ]
i wont give that retarded a dime of my money"

[/ QUOTE ]
download/borrow

zephed56
02-28-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. He's one of the few people I hate more than Ann Coulter - and that's saying a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious, that chick is ANNOYING! Her voice, go away, stop...speaking.

Tuco
02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
To all Coulter haters:

Coulter gets pwned (http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=120992)

Tuco.

ethan
02-28-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything, it just makes you look sillier than he often does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish more people realized that "patriotic dissent" is not an oxymoron. You should be able to hear something you disagree with without wanting to hogtie and deport the speaker. (And yes, the inability to do so does make you look silly.)

I'm not particularly a fan of Moore's work - I think he's much to fond of rambling voiceovers and hand-wringing. The facts are generally on the side of whatever argument he's making, and I'd like his films more if he didn't editorialize so much. For instance, I much preferred the second half of F911 to the first. I pay enough attention to politics that not much in either part surprised me.

There are talking heads on both sides who seem to be able to continue making an argument even when it seems to have little or no basis in reality. But I see a lot more of it among conservatives these days.