PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the squirrel that hangs out on my fire escape

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I moved into a new (for me--the building is quite old and run down) apartment in Williamsburg, Brooklyn this month, and there's a squirrel that constantly hangs out on my fire escape. I assume it's the same squirrel every time, because I have yet to see more than one, but there could be multiple squirrels pulling the old switcheroo.

Anyway, here are some pictures I took of him. Like most city squirrels, he doesn't appear to spook very easily.

(The assorted crap on the fire escape was left there by a previous tenant.)

http://uploadyourimages.com/img/848008nutsytsquirrel2.jpg

http://uploadyourimages.com/img/943058nutsytsquirrel1.jpg

lu_hawk
02-28-2005, 02:53 PM
maybe the old tenant fed him and he is expecting food.

astroglide
02-28-2005, 02:59 PM
i love animals

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Maybe you should get a BB gun and find out exactly how many there are.

peachy
02-28-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lu_hawk
02-28-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wondering how long it would take for the first kill it response.

deacsoft
02-28-2005, 03:02 PM
He's way too thin. Give him some food, man.

jasonHoldEm
02-28-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he'd hardly make a meal right now. Fatten him up good before you do the deed.

IndieMatty
02-28-2005, 03:08 PM
congrats on the new crib Brad. What area of WB? My dad (and now my brother) taught for 30 years at PS 132 on Metropolitan and Manhattan, really amazing how much the neighborhood has changed.

Also tomorrow night, my friend is DJing at Magnetic Fields for some bs.

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm in South Williamsburg--near the Marcy Avenue JMZ stop if you know where that is. Closest bar that white people go to is Boogaloo.

Shajen
02-28-2005, 03:18 PM
be careful dude, squirrels are bad news.

They'll knock up your girlfriend, empty your bank account, nut on your sheets when you are getting ready to go to sleep, drink straight out of the milk jug, etc.

Bad news dude. Bad, bad news.

jakethebake
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

When are you gonna post pictures of your squirrel, Peachy? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

peachy
02-28-2005, 03:21 PM
double OMG! and never...i dont wanna blind everyone on the forum!!!

IndieMatty
02-28-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poster: bdk3clash
Subject: Re: Pictures of the squirrel that hangs out on my fire escape

I'm in South Williamsburg--near the Marcy Avenue JMZ stop if you know where that is. Closest bar that white people go to is Boogaloo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it. Fo shizzy.

cnfuzzd
02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
he is one of the pre-eminent memebers of the squirrel-assassin guild sent to discover the whereabouts of the killer donkey, and eliminate him. Watch out.

On a completely unrelated note, one of my six-month goals is to travel to new york and hnag out with some of the east coasters, and participate in one of the AC trips ive heard so much about, so you better start conditioning your liver...

peace

john nickle

sfer
02-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Now that it's snowing I hope you're a gracious host and offer him some hot chocolate.

AviD
02-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Squirrel...it's what's for dinner.

Evan
02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Goals:
1) Get some sort of off-hanging ledge on my apartment window.
2) Lure cute, unassuming animals onto it.
3) Get a digital camera so i can be cool like Brad.

Glad you're finding something to fill your days buddy. I think you should invite him in and try to teach him something. In a few weeks you could have yourself your very own squirrel butler. At first there would only be one but I'm sure that he could then train others.

peachy
02-28-2005, 04:47 PM
make him a lil bed out of some old sheets or towels!! put the cloth inside like a shoe box or something!! poor lil guy!!!

even though they breed like rabbits and chew up wires in attics

jakethebake
02-28-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How's Peachy's squirrel?

peachy
02-28-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How's Peachy's squirrel?

[/ QUOTE ]

ggrrrr

im tellin ur wife!! that ur inquiring about a 600lb chick with no hair!!

Evan
02-28-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On a completely unrelated note, one of my six-month goals is to travel to new york and hnag out with some of the east coasters, and participate in one of the AC trips ive heard so much about, so you better start conditioning your liver...

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a lot that we need uncovered about THE cnfuzzd so you better make this happen.

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a few weeks you could have yourself your very own squirrel butler.

[/ QUOTE ] http://uploadyourimages.com/img/038188squirrelbutler.jpg

jakethebake
02-28-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In a few weeks you could have yourself your very own squirrel butler.

[/ QUOTE ] http://uploadyourimages.com/img/038188squirrelbutler.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be even cooler if it were a stuffed squirrel off your fire escape though.

deacsoft
02-28-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance that you could stop through Madison and pick me up? I'd love to hang with you guys and have been wanting to go to AC for about 5 months now.

sin808
02-28-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a few weeks you could have yourself your very own squirrel butler. At first there would only be one but I'm sure that he could then train others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch This (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310357/) before deciding to train them /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cnfuzzd
02-28-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a lot that we need uncovered about THE cnfuzzd so you better make this happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only real question is who is going to get the "pleasure" of having my company for a couple of days in their humble abode....

upon further reflection, maybe i should just get a hotel room, but where is the late-night drinking fun in that?

oh, and THE cnfuzzd will always remain an enigma

peace

john nickle

beerbandit
02-28-2005, 05:20 PM
why was i expecting to see this

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/901796/squirrel.jpg

cheers

Evan
02-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Dude, I expect you to have that as your card protector next time we play.

Evan
02-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Boom Boom is apartment shopping now, PM him and let him know where you want to be hosted.

Ulysses
02-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Are you a hipster?

sfer
02-28-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you a hipster?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has hipster taste and digs hipster chicks but Brad is without a doubt a nerd. The kind of nerd that nerd hipsters would call a nerd.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-28-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you a hipster?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has hipster taste and digs hipster chicks but Brad is without a doubt a nerd. The kind of nerd that nerd hipsters would call a nerd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice.

Evan
02-28-2005, 06:34 PM
That is actually a really good and well written description of Brad. Well done.

BottlesOf
02-28-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm in South Williamsburg--near the Marcy Avenue

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Marcy--I'm varsity, chump, you're JV, Jigga Jay-Z !!!!!

fryKing
02-28-2005, 06:42 PM
nice hand

wacki
02-28-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How's Peachy's squirrel?

[/ QUOTE ]

ggrrrr

im tellin ur wife!! that ur inquiring about a 600lb chick with no hair!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachy, how does a 600 lb woman have the stamina and energy for 12 years of kickboxing and taekwondo?

And don't say you gained 500 lb's in the last year.

3rdEye
02-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Oh my......god.

Your avatar is unspeakably AWESOME.

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I consider myself neither a nerd nor a hipster. I'm more nerdy than hipstery though.

[censored]
02-28-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]
02-28-2005, 07:19 PM
What is it like living in Brooklyn? Do you live in constant fear? Do you ever see Bill Clinton?

sfer
02-28-2005, 07:21 PM
I mean no disrespect by the word nerd. I would consider myself a nerd too. I get excited when The New Yorker is in my mailbox.

turnipmonster
02-28-2005, 07:23 PM
that's crazy man, I lived right near frost and metro (~ 6 blocks away) for 3 years. great neighborhood, and still has some old school vibe although it is gradually being taken over. you know the real life donnie brasco stuff all took place on graham ave, right?

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Yes on both counts--I live in constant fear of Bill Clinton.

Was this a serious question? If so, Bill Clinton's office is in Harlem, nowhere near where I live, and my neighborhood is quite safe. It's mostly working class with a cool mix of Hispanics, African-Americans, Anglos, and Hasidic Jews. So, like, I fit right in.

turnipmonster
02-28-2005, 07:30 PM
you are a different kind of nerd though, more of a intellectual yet cultured nerd. brad comes across as more of a rock nerd, although in actuality sfer is probably more of a rock nerd.

--turnipmonster

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get excited...in my...box.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed your post.

[censored]
02-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Clinton is in Harlem, ok my mistake.

Next question are you at all familar with Making Da Band as presented by P Diddy? If so have you had cheesecake from the place he made those thugs walk to? Apparently it is quite good.

sfer
02-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Ni han.

BottlesOf
02-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Junior's. It's good.

Ulysses
02-28-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you a hipster?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. That explains why he didn't get the bulletin that Williamsburg is over.

sfer
02-28-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad's place is actually a bit far from the stereotypical Bedford Billyburg, and therefore cheap, while still walking distance from White Castle/Church's and Peter Luger.

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No kidding. If it was still cool to live here I don't think they would have let me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brad's place is actually a bit far from the stereotypical Bedford Billyburg, and therefore cheap, while still walking distance from White Castle/Church's and Peter Luger.

[/ QUOTE ]
Emphasis mine.

Ulysses
02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No kidding. If it was still cool to live here I don't think they would have let me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Williamsburg is so done that I think it is now cool to live there again. It's very hard to stay on top of this stuff, though. There are only so many hipster/indie blogs one can read.

wacki
02-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Bumping for peachy.

Click on my Re: to see what I'm bumping.

peachy
03-01-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bumping for peachy.

Click on my Re: to see what I'm bumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never leave my house anymore, i developed a people phobia after years of being the most social person ever, and i stopped kick boxing 2 years ago not 1, and im 400 lbs i lied - so i gained roughly 140 lbs each year and im still climbing! Oh and i am now bald!

InchoateHand
03-01-2005, 04:07 AM
Man, I miss normal squirrels. Good old Grey Squirrels. In the upper midwest, all we have are gigantic red fox squirrels, and they are ugly and pudgy and vicious (they are known to consume baby rabbits). One more reason I shouldn't have least the east coast.

wacki
03-01-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and i am now bald!

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of guys like it bald, down there.

<font color="white"> Man I feel so dirty </font>

wacki
03-01-2005, 04:09 AM
No seriously peachy,

So why the complete flip of the social life? You went from most social, to antisocial? Whats the deal?

thatpfunk
03-01-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, Williamsburg is so done that I think it is now cool to live there again. It's very hard to stay on top of this stuff, though. There are only so many hipster/indie blogs one can read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would a real hipster have to consult a blog? I think not. All they need is their trusty "Official Hipster Handbook" and they're good to go.

peachy
03-02-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and i am now bald!

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of guys like it bald, down there.

<font color="white"> Man I feel so dirty </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

yes yes u r...but im bald uummm there too

peachy
03-02-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No seriously peachy,

So why the complete flip of the social life? You went from most social, to antisocial? Whats the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahha im JOKING hun...i dont think i could be antisocial if i tried...even if somoene bet me to do it for a limited time id so slip up

come on...u can semi tell that with how much i talk here - how i talk and the way i talk

wacki
03-02-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
come on...u can semi tell that with how much i talk here - how i talk and the way i talk

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachy you say so much crazy stuff, it's hard to tell what's real and whats not real.

peachy
03-02-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachy you say so much crazy stuff, it's hard to tell what's real and whats not real.

[/ QUOTE ]

99% im serious...when it comes to HOW I LOOK on a forum of all guys...im prolly kidding...hehe or maybe not!!

rusty JEDI
03-02-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
be careful dude, squirrels are bad news.

They'll knock up your girlfriend, empty your bank account, nut on your sheets when you are getting ready to go to sleep, drink straight out of the milk jug, etc.

Bad news dude. Bad, bad news.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://ebxgsxr.vwmafia.net/drunk%20squirrel%5B1%5D.jpg