PDA

View Full Version : Why Dont Catholics Want the Pope to Die?

Utah
02-28-2005, 02:46 PM
I saw on the news that Catholics are really worried about the pope's health. However, shouldn't they eagerly be awaiting his death since he is going to a place called heaven?

If catholics have real faith should they not look forward to death?

jaxmike
02-28-2005, 03:22 PM
because wishing death upon someone is something that God might find offensive. that make sense? don't piss off God wishing death on someone....

bholdr
02-28-2005, 03:36 PM
perhaps they feel that the pope still has good works that he may accomplish while living?

Blackjack
02-28-2005, 09:33 PM
You shouldn't wish death upon anyone. Period.

Zygote
02-28-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
thats a bold, general statment which i heavily disagree with.

Stu Pidasso
02-28-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw on the news that Catholics are really worried about the pope's health. However, shouldn't they eagerly be awaiting his death since he is going to a place called heaven?

If catholics have real faith should they not look forward to death?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really a dumbass question. Come on Utah, you are better than this.

Catholics don't want their Pope to die for the same reasons they don't want their childern to die. Besides, just becuase you are Pope doesn't guarantee your going to heaven. There is a very old catholic saying that goes, "The streets of hell are paved with tontured (i.e. Clergy) skulls".

Stu

wacki
02-28-2005, 10:41 PM
I think this is a very legit question. If heaven is as great as they say it is, why to good/holy religious people fear death?

Odd, tontured only had 6 hits via google. Your quote had 0 hits. Very odd....

MMMMMM
02-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Wacki,

Try "tonsured" on Google--you'll get about 22,900 hits.

Stu Pidasso
02-28-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a very legit question. If heaven is as great as they say it is, why to good/holy religious people fear death?

[/ QUOTE ]

They shouldn't, but not even the saints had perfect faith. However, this isn't the question Utah asked. His was completely different.

[ QUOTE ]
Odd, tontured only had 6 hits via google. Your quote had 0 hits. Very odd....

[/ QUOTE ]

yep i goofed. Its not tontured, its tonsured. I have to confess that even with the correct spelling I could not find the quote exactly as I heard it from an old Catholic priest many years ago. I did find a few quotes that went like "The streets of hell are paved with the skulls of Bishops" or "The streets of hell are paved with the skulls of preist". Try searching "floor of hell" "St. John Chrysostom".

Stu

bholdr
02-28-2005, 11:31 PM

well... i suppose there's that, too. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

bholdr
02-28-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a bold, general statment which i heavily disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and so is yours. explain, please.

wacki
02-28-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"The streets of hell are paved with the skulls of Bishops" or "The streets of hell are paved with the skulls of preist"

[/ QUOTE ]

Religion is scerrry.

I wonder where this came from, just did a search on crosswalk, its not in the Bible.