PDA

View Full Version : how many clones of yourself...

lucas9000
02-28-2005, 02:33 PM
i just thought of this while reading recent posts in the 5 year-olds thread.

if you could clone yourself, how many clones would you need helping you to kill this guy. (http://www.pridefc.com/pride2004/champions/01_heavy_weight.htm) (the lowest number you'd need...obviously you could just say "a million" and you'd be set.)

assume that your clones are equal to you in every way, but you can't communicate with them telepathically or anything. also, you and your clones get no training. you are just put into the basketball-sized room one day with no weapons.

also, you must kill the guy. if you die, you lose. in addition you must be actively participating...you can't just hang out and wait for your clones to kill him. assume there is a sniper out of everyone's reach who will kill you if you try to pussy out.

jakethebake
02-28-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are just put into the basketball-sized room one day with no weapons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you could get one of me in a basketball-sized room, much less a clone.

Shajen
02-28-2005, 02:38 PM

DMBFan23
02-28-2005, 02:41 PM
I'd want about 15 of me. I'd fully expect about 5 of me to die painful deaths, but this is just one dude.

SomethingClever
02-28-2005, 02:43 PM
That guy doesn't look as scary as I expected.

I'll say two clones.

My strategy will be to have the clones attack/distract from the front, while I circle behind and get him in some sort of choke hold. While he tries to escape from the choke hold, my clones will be biting his face and/or crotch off.

Grisgra
02-28-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That guy doesn't look as scary as I expected.

I'll say two clones.

My strategy will be to have the clones attack/distract from the front, while I circle behind and get him in some sort of choke hold. While he tries to escape from the choke hold, my clones will be biting his face and/or crotch off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two clones? You're toast, dude. Toast. Unless you're a 5th degree black belt with some good muscle that outweighs him. This guy is a master of escaping submission holds, and you think you're just going to walk up to him and put him in a choke hold?

Two punches/kicks knock out your two clones in like the first ten seconds. Then he jumps on your face.

I'm in average shape, with average build . . . give me 15...

nothumb
02-28-2005, 02:46 PM
I think 3 others would be enough. That guy looks evil though. I'm just saying 3 because it's probably the minimum that I have a decent chance with. The strategy will be for two guys to sacrifice themselves, diving in at his legs, and the other two to kick him in the face and nuts when he falls.

NT

Freakin
02-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Given the rules, I definitely want at least 10. I need a few intervention clones to protect the VIP if that guy rushes me. If all clones are created equal, and the death of one (inluding me) is inconsequential, then I think 5-6 could easily do the job.

Freakin

Matty
02-28-2005, 02:50 PM
I'd say 3 assuming throat punches, eye gouges, biting, etc. are allowed.

SomethingClever
02-28-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in average shape, with average build . . . give me 15...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taller and more athletic than average. I'm no blackbelt, though.

Okay, maybe 2 clones is too low. But I think anything upwards of 4 (5 people) is getting ridiculous, assuming you all attack at once. He's just one man!

If you wait back and take him on one person at a time, like they do in the movies, the number probably approaches infinity.

SackUp
02-28-2005, 02:54 PM
The better questions is how many clones he would need to beat my ass.

You see his one loss...nuff said!

lu_hawk
02-28-2005, 02:56 PM
i think with 3 you could kill most people. anyone that has ever been on the short end of an unfair fight will tell you how difficult it is to defend yourself against more than 1 person even if the individuals themselves aren't that big/tough.

IndieMatty
02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
two, im bigger then him.

Dr. Strangelove
02-28-2005, 03:05 PM
1 mutant killer clone.

Matty
02-28-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
two, im bigger then him.

[/ QUOTE ]You gotta assume he'd knock out the first person to reach him though.

ilya
02-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm gonna have to go with 50....line up in columns of 10, 5 rows deep, me in the back, and steamroller the dude.

PoBoy321
02-28-2005, 03:11 PM
2, maybe 3 clones. This guy is about the same size as me, maybe just 10-15 lbs heavier. He's certainly stronger than me, but all things considered, chances are that my clones and I could outthink him to the point that our lack of strength could be compensated for.

My plan would be to try and attack him from the front, and have my clones come in from the side to attack him while he was focused on me. Just like the velociraptors in Jurassic Park.

ilya
02-28-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's certainly stronger than me, but all things considered, chances are that my clones and I could outthink him to the point that our lack of strength could be compensated for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that this guy is much smarter than you (or anyone else on this board for that matter) when it comes to fighting strategy and tactics. Are you hoping that the extra clone brains will provide enough parallel processing power? Remember, there's no telepathy.

Matty
02-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Wait, can we kill one of my clones and use his bones to stab with?

Grisgra
02-28-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My plan would be to try and attack him from the front, and have my clones come in from the side to attack him while he was focused on me. Just like the velociraptors in Jurassic Park.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yer nuts . . . he'd be "focused on you" for all of five seconds. If you're lucky /images/graemlins/smile.gif. The difference between someone supremely trained to take a punch/evade someone grabbing you/etc. and someone who is not is pretty huge. I don't see most posters getting by with fewer than four clones, and that's to make it a 50-50 proposition at best. If you were going up against a random pro boxer, maybe fewer, but this guy is trained to tear you up in close combat.

DMBFan23
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna have to go with 50....line up in columns of 10, 5 rows deep, me in the back, and steamroller the dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

lame. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: Pooh bah! boo ya!

Shajen
02-28-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my answer.

Any less, and I'm assuming he be able to handle me. I've also had more training than your average 2+2er, so I'm guessing if it would take me 5, it'd take most everyone else at least 5 as well.

ilya
02-28-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lame. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: Pooh bah! boo ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, I'm just trying to win...after all, the rules specify that I must participate, but if I die, I lose...

Pooh-bah ilya /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Grisgra
02-28-2005, 03:26 PM
I can believe 5, but I have a tough time believing that any 2+2'er is going to get by with fewer than that.

What % chance do you give yourself with 5 clones?

bd8802
02-28-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just thought of this while reading recent posts in the 5 year-olds thread.

if you could clone yourself, how many clones would you need helping you to kill this guy. (http://www.pridefc.com/pride2004/champions/01_heavy_weight.htm) (the lowest number you'd need...obviously you could just say "a million" and you'd be set.)

assume that your clones are equal to you in every way, but you can't communicate with them telepathically or anything. also, you and your clones get no training. you are just put into the basketball-sized room one day with no weapons.

also, you must kill the guy. if you die, you lose. in addition you must be actively participating...you can't just hang out and wait for your clones to kill him. assume there is a sniper out of everyone's reach who will kill you if you try to pussy out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a pansy ... the number could reach infinity and I don't think i could ever kill the dude.

/bd

nothumb
02-28-2005, 03:33 PM
See my reply. I think 4 including myself gives me a decent chance. I have also had a decent amount of experience in close combat and I'm smarter than your average bear.

The timing is crucial. Two guys need to scissor him from the sides, with guys arriving at indirect angles from front and back arrive a second later. That way even if he somehow avoids the two battering rams he has to be up in the air / off balance and can be knocked to the ground. Once this guy is on the ground and engaged, and there are 3 of us still alive, peace.

I think 4 people is the correct answer if you are worth a lick in a fight, although screw up and expect this guy to pwninate the crap out of you. 5 people total makes it pretty safe.

NT

DMBFan23
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
the side question: how many of you do you expect to lose?

schwza
02-28-2005, 03:39 PM
as was brought up in the "how many 5-year olds could you kill" thread, this dude could run around the gym, pause, crush somebody's windpipe, and keep moving. if the room were the size of a large elevator, the numbers advantage would be more useful.

i have a lot of years of training in karate, wrestling, and a little judo, and i'd say i'd need at least 6 clones.

Shajen
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can believe 5, but I have a tough time believing that any 2+2'er is going to get by with fewer than that.

What % chance do you give yourself with 5 clones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a known badass? With 5 completely untrained clones, I'd say it would probably be around 65% this guy gets killed. I figure the clones could keep him occupied enough that I could get in there and snap his leg, throat punch him, or otherwise incapacitate him enough to be able to finish the job. Still, I'd rather not unless I absolutely had to.

threeonefour
02-28-2005, 03:44 PM
I am pretty weak. so I would think if i picked 5 clones (total of 6 people) I could win with no deaths but 2 of the clones would probably ended up in comas/mentally retarded.

DMBFan23
02-28-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as was brought up in the "how many 5-year olds could you kill" thread, this dude could run around the gym, pause, crush somebody's windpipe, and keep moving. if the room were the size of a large elevator, the numbers advantage would be more useful.

i have a lot of years of training in karate, wrestling, and a little judo, and i'd say i'd need at least 6 clones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted for a lot of me, but I don't think I'll be subject to being outwitted, whereas somewhat simplistic tactics would work against the 5 year olds. I'm huddling together as a unit and surrounding him when he engages, ala maximus in gladiator

threeonefour
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well you are going to keep all of your clones huddled together so if one gets attacked all others are within striking distance. This would prevent hit-n-runs by your opposition. I don't see how the number could be that higher.. it doesn't matter how tough you are, one decent punch to the windpipe or crotch are you are no longer fighting anywhere near your max potential

beerbandit
02-28-2005, 03:49 PM
just one

id kneel down behind him and have my clone puch him over me

match winna

cheers

[censored]
02-28-2005, 03:50 PM
8 Five go in at once with 3 replacements ready for my fallen brothers.

lucas9000
02-28-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are just put into the basketball-sized room one day with no weapons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you could get one of me in a basketball-sized room, much less a clone.

[/ QUOTE ]

me = pwned