Hero has $56
Villain has $49
UTG has $49

Hero has J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif in EP

UTG raises to $1
Hero raises to $2.50
villain raises to $5
UTG calls

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif pot=15
Hero bets $5
Villain calls
UTG calls

Turn: J/images/graemlins/club.gif pot=29
UTG checks
Hero bets $10
villain calls
UTG calls

River: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Jesus fukin christ
UTG checks
Hero checks
Villain bets $12
UTG calls
Hero calls

Villain shows A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

WTF

Then villain leaves the game of course like usual.

I asked him why he called a $10 bet on the turn with nothing and he said he was prepared to go to the end with the hand.

schwza
02-28-2005, 02:21 PM
make your pre-flop reraise bigger. to 3.5 or so.

check the flop. too many people are too interested in this pot. if you do bet, bet more. you bet 1/3 pot, make it about 3/4 pot.

bet more on the turn. there are a lot of draws out now. bet 2/3 - 3/4 of the pot. you also want to get the most money in with the best of it.

i think you should fold on the end. your hand is now behind 8 cards. if you had 3rd pair, you'd be behind 6 cards, and i'm guessing you wouldn't overcall on the river with 3rd pair.

theredpill5
02-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Why do guys reraise with A K . You might as well reraise with A 5 too. If you don't hit an A or K, the hand isn't worth much. I figured they'd both fold to a $10 bet on the turn. I guess I figured wrong. I guess I didn't realize just how stupid they were. I think on these tables I should consider them stupid unless proven otherwise.

FlFishOn
02-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Push on the turn. Too many draws. You must win or lose it there.

Raiser
02-28-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured they'd both fold to a $10 bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are giving them 4:1 to call. This is not a big bet. You need to start making your bet sizes with consideration of what's in the pot, how much your opponent has, how much you have, what the board looks like, what your cards are, what the previous action is like, etc, etc, etc.

So many of your posts state something like: "I can't f'n believe they called $10 with <insert random hand here>". In almost all situations the "big bet" that you made is not sizeable at all in comparison to the pot.

nothumb
02-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Totally unremarkable hand. Bet more on the flop, push on the turn.

NT

theredpill5
02-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, I've just lost everything that I made yesterday off of 3 bad beats. What now ? 2 of the bad beats was from idiots who couldn't fold A K .

djoyce003
02-28-2005, 03:40 PM
I can't believe i'm responding to one of your posts. If these pots aren't trolls then you are truly amazing.
I'm going to say this once slowly and loudly so be sure you listen:

T H I S I S N O T A B A D B E A T.

The guy made a bad call in relation to the actual odds of him winning the hand. However, put yourself in his shoes for a minute. You made a wimpy ass bet at the pot...so you may have only one pair, and it might not even be a queen. His Ace outs are maybe good...his king outs put a bunch to a straight up there, so they might not be good. He *might* give himself as many as 4 straight outs, and 4 ace outs. If he has 8 outs it's not that bad a call...8 out of 44 cards, so around 5 to 1, and he stands to win more on the river...making it at least a marginal call. You have to bet the size of the pot here....that would make his call wrong in any instance other than an already made straight or a set of queens or something. I don't think there is any way he calls $30 with a gutshot straight draw. It sucks that you lost, it sucks that he called with his gutshot but you lost this pot because of your bad play...even bad players fold to the $30 bet. So he hit a 4 outer to beat you...cry me a river...its a bad beat when they hit runner runner after an all in, or they hit a 1 outer to make some straight flush or something...this is just a common every day occurence.

nothumb
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
You let yourself get run down by a bad player. You should know that bad players don't lay down hands like overcards as they should. Therefore you need to get the money in sooner.

He probably thought you were utterly full of it based on your weak betting, and if he was the type of player who could actually count outs, he would have given himself way more than 4.

NT

JonLines
02-28-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I've just lost everything that I made yesterday off of 3 bad beats. What now ? 2 of the bad beats was from idiots who couldn't fold A K .

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to stop losing money, the first thing is to stop assuming the other person is the idiot.

You are berating him for calling a $10 bet with a nut gut-shot (the fact its a nut gut-shot is very important, because it stands to make A LOT of money if someone else also hits a straight), and 2 over cards (ok, it happens these overcards are worthless, but he does not know this for certain), now if he can get you both to call big bets on the river should he hit, he is probably getting some implied odds, or close it it. So while yes it might not of been the best call from him, the $12 call from YOU was worse on the river.

All of which could of been avoided by a larger bet on the turn, (of at least $20), if they call then and catch, then go ahead and winge (it wont achieve anything, but if it makes you feel better), but dont winge until your first playing perfectly.

theredpill5
02-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I hit another set and I think I played it perfectly. How do you guys keep from playing scared ? I think when that jack hit with a queen on board, I was like: No way I'm winning this hand. I'll post the hand in this post here in a few minutes.

I was playing scared. I was trying to make a big pot but the pot was already pretty big so I should have just took it down right there.

djoyce003
02-28-2005, 04:09 PM
You must have a bottomless pit of money you are drawing from because there is no way in hell you are even remotely close to a break even player.

JonLines
02-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Why are you scared?

Is it because losing the amount of money your going to put in the pot would be devastating to your bank account? If this is the case, then you should play smaller limits.

Is it because you feel you are an inferior player to those around you? If this is the case, again, either drop down, or read another book.

Or is it just the confrontational nature of poker that scares you? If this is the case you should probably quit, cause this is the feeling that fuels most people, its not fear its adrenaline!

theredpill5
02-28-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You must have a bottomless pit of money you are drawing from because there is no way in hell you are even remotely close to a break even player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do some of you hate me so much ? I admit that I'm not the best player. I fouled this hand up. That mean I'm a break even player ?

I actually didn't foul it up that bad until I called on the river. I actually didn't make mistake until the river. He needed 10 to 1 to draw to that. He was making a mistake by calling on the turn. He out drew me and I made a mistake by paying him off. How does that make me a break even player or worse ?

theredpill5
02-28-2005, 05:43 PM
I made $1000 last month. I'm on my way to doing it again and when I do I'm going to make a HUGE DEAL of it and make you eat your words.

djoyce003
02-28-2005, 07:08 PM
then why do you always post these whiny crybaby posts, and then ignore all the advice people give you. Several people have said your turn bet was way too small, yet you appear to seem fixated on his "bad" call. It was still your horrible underbet that kept him around....yes given what we now know everyone had, he made a bad call, given the implied odds and the weak way you played it he probably figured his ace outs and his straight outs were good...giving him around 8 outs instead of the 4 it actually was. The people on here actually know what they are talking about and don't really care about your plethora of bad beat posts. Try posting real hands, with real decisions to make, and not these types of whining bad beat posts and people will probably start warming up to you instead of just either ignoring your posts all together or giving you a bunch of crap for posting these hands.