PDA

View Full Version : The Bully on the Bubble

renodoc
02-28-2005, 01:05 PM
$200 buyin NL MTT at Peppermill. 204 entires. Pays 18 places. 19 players left on 3 tables, next one out and it goes to two tables. There are 600K chips in play and I have at least 65K and am leading the table. very young player (vyp) to my left has about 23K. Blinds are 500-1500, antes 200.

I am in MP with (insert two cards here) Action to me and I raise to 6000.

vyp calls, everyone else folds.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. vyp waits and then checks also.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I go all in.

Now, I happen to know that vyp is holding A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif because he turned them face up and mucked em.

My question comes down to how often I can expect to get away with this move in this situation? I'm thinking 75% or more....

Oh yeah, if he asks me about the hand after the tourney, what do I tell him I had?

02-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Against this guy you get away with it in this situation 100% of the time. Against most ppl, if they check the flop, they're not going to put any money in on the turn now. If they thought the flop was scary, the turn is the worst card in the deck. Tell him you don't tell what hand you had unless you get called. I would tell in a couple situations:

1. It's a friend who already has a ton of experience with you and a pretty good read on you.

2. You're going to play with this guy alot in the future and you think it will get you action when you want it.

3. The hand is going to be on TV.

Gavin Griffin