PDA

View Full Version : I educated a fish today

RollaJ
02-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Sorry.
..... happily he was so clueless it shouldnt matter /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

IsaacW
02-28-2005, 12:40 PM
So... the tourist paid for lessons without knowing it?

jedi
02-28-2005, 12:58 PM
So did I: "You can't win if you fold."

wdbaker
02-28-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So did I: "You can't win if you fold."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, add to that " Any two can win." and he'll be a pro in no time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

MicroBob
02-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Did you take a bad-beat somewhere in there and 'tilt-away' some actual poker-advice at the tables?

for shame. for shame.

Be careful...next time you might actually succeed in educating the fish.

As I've said before...it was tilting table-coaches who pointed out to me that I was playing hands that should be folded (back in the days when I didn't really notice such things...nor know whether a flush beat a full-house or vice-versa for that matter).

Adde
02-28-2005, 06:40 PM
I've begun to turn the chat off at times. Feels like being on vacation while still at work.

Adde

SackUp
02-28-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry.
..... happily he was so clueless it shouldnt matter /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do hope that was the case, but we must remember that the fish isn't the only one who hears your statements. You might actually be educating 8 other people who may be fish themselves or still at a level where even small advice can put them on the right path.

You've clearly put an end to all of the fish. THANKS Death! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ya obviously we should all stay away from it and I think I haven't in a long, long time, but I'm sure we will all slip up once and a while.

sourbeaver
02-28-2005, 06:59 PM
"You called with T6o ?"

"Yeah"

"Man, those add up to 16, that's more than you can say about a pair of sevens. You should definitely raise it."

Blackjack
02-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Haha.

T6 is worth in both blackjack and poker sadly /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RollaJ
02-28-2005, 07:13 PM
No it was just that it was the second time he said "I dont go all in preflop with AK as there is only a 37% of hitting". He was a table coach type, and the second time he said that I just felt forced to tell him he is very wrong.
I wasnt tilting, and happily I rarely tilt anymore. I am happy to say I only tilted once this month /images/graemlins/smile.gif and when I do it is usually a couple of stack breakers in under 10 minutes at the bigger games....