PDA

View Full Version : Flopping a made hand with excellent relative position

MercTec
02-28-2005, 12:01 PM
I dont have the hand history available so please bear with me.
Party 3/6. I just sat at the table and posted in the CO. No reads, alot of new names at the table that don't look familiar.

I am dealt T8o. A couple of folds, 3 limpers, i check, Button raisers, blinds and limpers call so I call getting 11-1.

Flop
6 7 9 (2 spades, I have the T /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

All check to me. With position relative to the PFR this seems like an ideal spot to check-raise the field. However, with the pot being fairly large, is betting out a better option?

I will post my thoughts and play, but I would like to hear opinions.

Evan
02-28-2005, 12:07 PM
EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY check raise.

IsaacW
02-28-2005, 12:20 PM
With a pot that big, you're not driving anyone out even if you bet and the Button raises. Also, you have the current nuts with one of the outs for hands that could draw to beat you.

Value check/raise the unknown PFR.

Sir Limps Alot
02-28-2005, 12:25 PM
I bet out here due to flush being a possibility. Also pre flop raiser may not bet a flop like this with A K but would raise an overpair so no matter what he has you need to get money in this pot. He will put you on an open neded str8 draw and try to make you pay for your draw.

I bet into the pre flop raiser and 3 bet when he raises with an over pair. If he calls then you have some options on the turn. Hence if an ace or K or Q comes you can check and he will bet and then you can check raise on the turn hoping no spade comes.

Bet into pre flop raiser.

Evan
02-28-2005, 12:30 PM
The preflop raiser will bet the flop a very very high proportion of the time.

Betting will have 2 effects:
1. You will get less money in the pot than check raising.
2. You will often get raised by the button and fold hands that were drawing dead but would have called one bet at a time.