PDA

View Full Version : NYPD Blue

B00T
02-28-2005, 11:56 AM
The series finale is Tuesday night. Anyone else going to miss this show as much as I am going to?

Is anyone going to watch it?

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-28-2005, 11:57 AM
This show's still on? I guess that makes my answer no and no.

swede123
02-28-2005, 12:32 PM
I liked this show when Caruso was in it. I really liked it when Jimmy Smits took over. I kinda lost interest when Shroeder took over for him and I haven't watched a single episode in five years at least.

Cheers,

Swede

bosoxfan
02-28-2005, 12:34 PM
I haven't watched it since the first couple of seasons.

pshreck
02-28-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The series finale is Tuesday night. Anyone else going to miss this show as much as I am going to?

Is anyone going to watch it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know anyone still liked it after the Silver Spoons and Zack Morris years.

maryfield48
02-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Yes, yes.

I didn't like the Jimmy Smits interlude too much. But the revolving door opposite Dennis Frantz was really not that important. Andy Sipowicz is right up there with Lenny Briscoe in the pantheon of great TV characters.

-- Hey! Ipsa this, (grabs crotch), you prissy little bitch.

Bulldog
02-28-2005, 01:22 PM
I was pretty addicted, taking late lunches to watch an episode a day on TNT back when it was on at 1 PM. I still watch almost every week. This show and West Wing are the two best dramas on TV. (I've never watched 24, so maybe that's up there, I just don't know.)

ucfryan
02-28-2005, 03:19 PM
I loved it with Caruso and Smits, but lost interest afterwards, I'll probably watch it anyway even though I haven't a clue what's going on. I tuned in a month or two ago for the episode that Smits returned on, haven't seen it since though. I think NYPD Blue and the X-Files along with ER are probably the best television dramas I've ever seen.

B00T
02-28-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't like the Jimmy Smits interlude too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think bringing him back for those 2 shows was retarded.

I dont see any excitement for this final show. I think it will be very ho-hum and very bland much like how the Sopranos has been the last 2 years. There are loose ends all over the place that never seem to get tied up.

jakethebake
02-28-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The series finale is Tuesday night. Anyone else going to miss this show as much as I am going to? Is anyone going to watch it?

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and i saw the ad for this the other night. We looked at each other and simultaneously asked, "That show's still on?"

maryfield48
02-28-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think NYPD Blue and the X-Files along with ER are probably the best television dramas I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too young for Hill Street Blues? That show rocked.

Shajen
02-28-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think NYPD Blue and the X-Files along with ER are probably the best television dramas I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too young for Hill Street Blues? That show rocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it did. Very much so. Every other cop show out there can thank HSB for showing the way.

Bulldog
03-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Nice finale. Not as powerful as some, but the last scene with Zack Morris and Andy was nice. I really wanted to see Andy's kid in there with him, or him putting up a pic of Andy Junior on the desk.

Rushmore
03-02-2005, 10:55 AM
I hadn't watched the show for quite some time, but tuned in for last night's finale.

It is obvious why the show is going off the air. The finale was really badly written and lame in many ways.

B00T
03-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I found it real petty that during the tribute show they basically played half of the old special that was aired on TNT multiple times. The 2nd half you can see it. Jimmy Smits doesnt have the earring and talks about stuff all within the last 2 months. The other segment before that he was talking about stuff from over 7 years ago.

The acutal show was alright. I am surprised they had no cameos or bring his son or wife back for a final scene.

I agree that the perfect last scene would be him decorating the office with a pictures of his 2 children and his ex partners, his wife and lieutenants just as a memorial for the show.