PDA

View Full Version : Would you make this call on the river?

Vee Quiva
02-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Live game in Reno with 1-2 blinds. The pot ended up being just over $1,300.

Sorry, I don't remember the exact details of the hand but I will do my best.

Here's the final board:
8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gifJack /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

There were two players involved in this pot. The BB and middle player. Middle player raised preflop. BB reraised and middle player called. Pot approx $100.

The flop came. BB led out, middle player raised, and BB called.

Turn - BB checked and Middle player made pot sized bet and BB called.

River - BB checked and Middle player goes all in for last $350. At this point the pot had approx $950 and it's $350 for the BB to call.

So let's run down the best possible hands out on that board:

4 Twos, any full house, any flush.

The BB took at least 5 minutes to decide what to do until he called. I was asking myself what hand would I need to have to make this call. Assume both players are reasonably good players and this is by far the biggest pot of the night.

Caruso329
02-28-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm putting one on Aces and the other on Kings. Therefore I call down with anything better than two pair.

Vee Quiva
02-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I decided I would only call with the Ace High Flush or better.

They guy made the call with KK for 2 pair. (Really bad in my opinion). The winner had the King Jack of spades for the King high flush. I guess it's debatable if his all in on the end was a good idea. I don't think he wanted a call.