PDA

View Full Version : 10-25 NL 3 handed, 3 hands for review

evanski
02-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Hand 1: Im in BB with 3500, SB is an unknown who just sat with 2500. Button folds, SB raisers to 100, I have black KK and reraise to 350. He calls. Flop: QQT two clubs. He checks, I check. Turn, blank. He bets 400, I call. River, blank. He bets 1000, I call.

Hand 2: Im in the SB with KK. Button raises to 85. I reraise to 275. BB reraises to 900. Button pushes for 3k. I push for 4k. BB calls for 3k. I thought this was an insanely easy push, but someone I respect disagreed with me, saying that he probably still what have pushed, but that its not cut and dry. Thoughts?

Hand 3: Now head up. I have 3.5k, opponent has me covered. I have a very aggressive table image, bordering on maniac-status. I have been doing a lot of raising and reraising preflop, without showing down many hands. Opponent is playing quite tightly. I get dealt AKo on the button and raise to 75. Opponent reraises to 225(hes done this about 3 times before, I folded twice and called and check-folded the flop on the other). I bump it to 1000 straight. He pushes, I call. Too aggressive?

-Evan

fsuplayer
02-28-2005, 09:36 AM
hand #1: love it.

hand #2: KK 3 handed with an agg-ish table image? of course its an easy push.

hand #3: Its ok. you are either flipping a coin, or you have him in bad shape with and AQs type hand. there is a small chance he could have AA or KK, but getting the not too deep money in with AK heads up is never too bad.

hope they worked out for you.

turnipmonster
02-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I think in hand #2 the second reraise out of the BB to a raise-reraise always spells a very big hand. there are people that I would fold KK to I think.

--turnipmonster

fsuplayer
02-28-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think in hand #2 the second reraise out of the BB to a raise-reraise always spells a very big hand. there are people that I would fold KK to I think.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but 3 handed, with an agg. table image, and no great read (that he told us about), you agree its a call/push right?

HoldEm_Hero
02-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Hand one I would have bet the flop and folded to a raise, probably check called the turn and river depending on what my read was. Hand number two I believe is definately a fold to a raise and a re-raise, you have to put atleast one of them on aces even on an aggressive table like that, you can find better places places to get all your money in. I am a limit player though so maybe I'm completely off. BTW if you read this FSUPlayer is that you beamer? that thing looks sweet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

fsuplayer
02-28-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW if you read this FSUPlayer is that you beamer? that thing looks sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

not yet, but if march is as good as feb. it may be soon /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matt Flynn
02-28-2005, 01:33 PM
Hand 1: Fine. There is an opportunity to make or lose more if you can play brilliant poker but yours is a good default line.

Hand 2: There are many opponents against whom - even 3-handed - I would fold preflop. No clue if yours were they.

Hand 3: I do not like the preflop reraise although you must do that sometimes. If AK is a commitment hand against him your push after you reraise is fine. However, if you call the 225, you make it painful for him to reraise you preflop (he is now out of position with a big stack), you can still steal, and most of all you do not get weak aces to fold.

Matt

creedofhubris
02-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Hand #1, that's how I would play it.

Hand #2, that's how I would play it. (I can't get away from KK three-handed.)

Hand #3, I flat-call the preflop reraise since I'm in position.

HoldEm_Hero
02-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Why would everyone play the first hand the same as poster? What would be the plus and negative to making a small bet on the flop and folding to a raise? I am trying to learn this very difficult game...

brick
02-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Because you want your opponent to put money in the pot when you have a better hand.
If you bet then you discourage him from bluffing.

This is a standard way-ahead or way-behind situation. If he has a Q then then you have 2 outs. If he donesn't have a Q then he is drawing slim.

partygirluk
02-28-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he donesn't have a Q then he is drawing slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

Yeti
02-28-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he donesn't have a Q then he is drawing slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say Villain has KJ. He checks, you bet $550, and he makes it $1700 straight. Now what?

I like the check behind here. This is a flop where it's very easy for Villain to play back at you with not much. You really, really don't want to get raised here.

brick
02-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Good point. Straight and flush draws are there on this board. QQ7 rainbow would be more of a way ahead or way behind scenario.

NickDollar
02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1, that's how I would play it.

Hand #2, that's how I would play it. (I can't get away from KK three-handed.)

Hand #3, I flat-call the preflop reraise since I'm in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree exactly to all.

mr. shred
02-28-2005, 09:10 PM
hands 1 and 2 look great to me.
hand 3 I would have called his first raise because of having position. After you have raised to a 1000 and he pushes your forced to call because even though you might be behind your not behind by much only to kk or aa. Odds wise the correct play would be to call.
good luck!

evanski
03-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Thanks for all the replies. While I think the results are somewhat unimportant in this hand, Ill post them anyways:

Hand 1: Villain has q9s, his hand is good.

Hand 2: BB has QQ, Button has AA, aces hold up.

Hand 3: Villain has aces, they hold up.

I think folding may have been the better move in hand 2. Knowing the player in the BB it would have been an easy push, but with the button pushing behind, discretion may have been the better part of valor. I somehow convinced myself that he was just reacting to the BB's LAGishness, but Im not sure that was so likely.

Evan