PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rock SUcks

theBruiser500
02-28-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm watching the Oscars now for the first time ever and they are unbeliavbly bad. The type of bad that makes me cringe in embarrasment for how bad they are. Particularly Chris Rock, I've never liked him but in the oscars he is making a [censored] joke of himself the stupidest person I've ever seen. Daryn, try and defend Chris Rock who you think is one of the funniest people around now. I just payed $2 to sign onto a computer to write this post so I don't care that this thread already exists.

BusterStacks
02-28-2005, 06:57 AM
did you really call GiftOfGab a fish?

daryn
02-28-2005, 07:02 AM
watch his HBO specials. they are funny.

theBruiser500
02-28-2005, 07:03 AM
yeah he called my reraise preflop with 68, "wow 68 omg, nice hand fishy fish"

shant
02-28-2005, 07:07 AM
They also play Bigger and Blacker uncut late on the weekends on Comedy Central if you can't get HBO. Both that special, and his newer HBO special are funny.

theBruiser500
02-28-2005, 07:08 AM
no chris suck sucks

Michael Davis
02-28-2005, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no chris suck sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

By definition.

-Michael

thatpfunk
02-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Bruiser you crack me up. You are the most honest person I've ever seen. That is great.

private joker
02-28-2005, 07:15 AM
"You won't be able to take your eyes off our next 4 presenters, Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek."

How can you not laugh at that?

Evan
02-28-2005, 07:19 AM
You are an idiot.

sublime
02-28-2005, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

captZEEbo1
02-28-2005, 08:30 AM
the bit with chris rock / adam sandler was pretty funnnnnnneeeee

fsuplayer
02-28-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bruiser you crack me up. You are the most honest person I've ever seen. That is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

andyfox
02-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Different strokes for different folks, I guess, because I thought the Sandler bit was horribly unfunny. Their comic timing, or lack thereof, was atrocious.

And, hey, that Sean Penn sure is a barrel of laughs, isn't he? The worst part of him and Rene Zerwilliger (or whatever the hell her name is) winning is that we have to see their portentousness the next year too.

Sponger15SB
02-28-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just payed $2 to sign onto a computer to write this post so I don't care that this thread already exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Rock just got owned.

I don't like Chris Rock, but I thought his stand up at the Oscars was hilarious.

02-28-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And, hey, that Sean Penn sure is a barrel of laughs, isn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a f**n jerk that guy is. Now he's the comedy police too. Or the "stick up for the B list actor" police. Or the "stick up for the pretty face no talent actor" police. Whatever. Just stfu Sean.

kipin
02-28-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a f**n jerk that guy is. Now he's the comedy police too. Or the "stick up for the B list actor" police. Or the "stick up for the pretty face no talent actor" police. Whatever. Just stfu Sean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jude Law is actually an amazing actor. Go check out Road to Perdition and AI, and come back and tell me Jude Law is a B list actor, or a pretty face with no talent.

wuwei
02-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Bruiser, I'm not sure what ails you but clearly something is wrong. Pour a little 'tussin on it. Things will get better.

Boris
02-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Chris Rock is freakin hilarious. I didn't watch the oscars, but his stand up is the best stuff out there. I think you got a problem bruiser.

Nottom
02-28-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chris Rock is freakin hilarious. I didn't watch the oscars, but his stand up is the best stuff out there. I think you got a problem bruiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Rock is funny (although his latest special wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be), but I don't think he was a good choice as the host for the Oscars. His comedy is really a too edgy to appeal for a typical Oscar's audience, so you end up with a bunch of watered down crap instead.

peachy
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im lost...who r u callin a B actor?? and i like sean penn

02-28-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jude Law is actually an amazing actor. Go check out Road to Perdition and AI, and come back and tell me Jude Law is a B list actor, or a pretty face with no talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know who Jude Law is. Putting aside the fact that reasonable people can disagree as to how talented he is, the comment related to Sean Penn's and Chris Rock's comments, moreso than to any personal commentary about Law's abilities.

02-28-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im lost...who r u callin a B actor?? and i like sean penn

[/ QUOTE ]

Jude Law. The comment has nothing to do with Law. It has to do with Sean Penn, who apparently felt it was appropriate to "call out" Chris Rock about a joke he made at Jude Law's "expense". I found Sean Penn's comment, and his chosen forum for it, both to be inappropriate. PS, Chris Rock made jokes about other people not infrequently in the telecast. Nobody seemed to get bent out of shape -- at least enough to comment on stage and TV. But this guy -- I mean, the joke (a) wasn't even about him and (b) was not on camera.

PPS, here's an article about what happened, as what led to Penn's comment was not on camera.

Penn vs. Rock (http://http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/article/2435529)

BoxTree
02-28-2005, 06:21 PM
This link (http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/article/2435529) will work.

02-28-2005, 06:33 PM
thanks, I don't know what happened to that other link

BottlesOf
02-28-2005, 06:34 PM
I thought he was decent enough. I mean, it's the Oscars, he can't do that which makes him funny.

The bit from the Magic Johnson THeater was pretty funny.

BoxTree
02-28-2005, 06:34 PM
You added an extra "http."

02-28-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You added an extra "http."

[/ QUOTE ]

I am Homer Simpson.

Vince Young
02-28-2005, 06:41 PM
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure you think Chappelle is the funniest man alive.

felson
02-28-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The bit from the Magic Johnson THeater was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cracked up when Albert Brooks showed up to pronounce "White Chicks" as the best movie of the year.

daryn
02-28-2005, 06:52 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure you think Chappelle is the funniest man alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

chappelle is very funny. his standup is awesome.

slickpoppa
02-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Bruiser, IIRC correctly you are in New Zealand? If so, you are the one who sucks for wasting your time watching the Oscars and posting about them on 2+2. Seriously.

astroglide
02-28-2005, 07:03 PM
i saw chappelle standup pretty recently and i found it way less funny than his show

thatpfunk
02-28-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i saw chappelle standup pretty recently and i found it way less funny than his show

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like it very much the first time I saw it either (before the show came out). I watched it a few more times and it became much more funny. There are lots of funny quotes, etc that start to stick in your head. (this is the HBO special, not the newer showtime one which wasn't very good at all IMO.)

astroglide
02-28-2005, 07:35 PM
this was like 6 months ago, live

thatpfunk
02-28-2005, 07:58 PM
That was his showtime tour, I believe. Not very good. His old HBO special is much much better.

Ulysses
02-28-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was his showtime tour, I believe. Not very good. His old HBO special is much much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

Sponger15SB
02-28-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have been much better IMO if it was longer than 2 minutes.

Prof. Chaos
02-28-2005, 09:00 PM
who cares about the Oscars.

CHRIS ROCK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Matt Flynn
02-28-2005, 09:35 PM
didn't see the oscars. why bother. ever since pulp fiction lost to forrest gump i could give a crap. although jack palance doing the one-armed pushups was great.

chris rock rocks!

matt

theBruiser500
03-01-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't even know who Chappelle is, I've said it before and I'll say it again now, the funniest people around are Larry David, Ali G, Simpsons, Jim Carrey and maybe a couple others and I don't see how you guys can't see that.

Ionphore
03-01-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've said it before and I'll say it again now, the funniest people around are Larry David, Ali G, Simpsons, Jim Carrey and maybe a couple others and I don't see how you guys can't see that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't see how people could have opinions about what makes them laugh that differs from your own? Ok....

theBruiser500
03-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Sure, I'm all for people having their own opinions on things but in this particular case the people I just named are so patently the funniest people around it just makes no sense.

ThisHo
03-07-2005, 02:27 PM
The best part about the "4 presenters - Selma and Penelope" joke was waiting for my wife to get it and seeing if she would laugh so that I could too.

She did, I did and then I tried not to stare at Selma for too long.

Also... we always discuss dresses/hairstyles/makeup on Oscar night (she watches the SuperBowl and pretends to care about wether or not a screen pass was the right play so I watch the Oscars and try not to get caught with drool on my chin as I'm staring at cleavage - its a nice tradeoff). I don't recall who came out but my wife says --- wow, she's beautiful. I say "no, she's really not. She doesn't do anything for me." she says "you're lying. just tell me the truth." I say "seriously, she doesn't do anything for me." Then Selma Freakin' Hayak (spelling?) comes out in that dress with those ... and my wife laughs at Rock's joke and I say "OK, you want honest -- Selma is absolutely gorgeous. I mean just drop dead beautiful."

I slept on the couch that night.

Thanks for reading...
ThisHo

Shajen
03-07-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I slept on the couch...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand women who react this way. Why? It's not like Salma is going to come over to your house and screw your brains out. (although, if she does, post pics. Not of you, of Salma!)

I'm very glad my wife appreciates beauty as much as I do. /images/graemlins/grin.gif