PDA

View Full Version : You are 4-tabling and an emergency comes up

MagnoliasFM
02-28-2005, 06:24 AM
I was "working" a couple days ago at the computer lab (where I can't get distracted by homework, etc) when all of a sudden the person in charge announced that the lab would be closing in 10 minutes. I was like uhh crap, as I stared at my 4 $22 tables. I had a double-stack (approx. 1600) in each of them and a triple stack in one. The blinds were 50-100 on all 4 tables and there were only 5 players left on the table where I had the big stack. Well, after hearing the announcement I decided to run back to my dorm. By the time I turned on my computer (and PartyPoker), the table that had 5 players now had only 2, and I was one of them! I proceeded to get 2nd place in that one and 1st place in two of the other tables (because I am the most skilled coinflipper on the planet), busting out in the last one.

That wasn't the first time I've had to leave my games. Another time I had to just give up on 4 tables because I had a meeting to go to that I had forgotten about. Lots of times, I've had to hold my pee or poop in because I couldn't leave. But it got me thinking...I know some of you have families and stuff...how do you deal with your wife or kids having a small emergency when you are 4-tabling $215's? For example, what if you're working and your wife gets sick. Do you stop playing and take care of her or do you "just finish this batch of tournaments, honey." Or what if your wife says she has to stay a little late at work and she wants you to take the kids to baseball practice. Would you leave your games?

What if you had diarrhea?

Blackjack
02-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Wireless internet and a laptop. [censored] while you spit in disgust at the other players runner runnering you.

Blackjack

TheAmp
02-28-2005, 06:36 AM
My internet connection crashed once, with three tables on.

I called a poker friend, gave him my password , and he finished these games for me. Even if he isnt the best player, it will save you most of the money.

networkman
02-28-2005, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What if you had diarrhea?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

WiFi/laptop is the way to go, I'm doing all sorts of mundane chores around the house while playing...

Jcardshark
02-28-2005, 07:27 AM

gr8vertical
02-28-2005, 07:31 AM
I was at the final table of a MTT one night around 3am and PokerRoom screwed up ( go figure) I im'ed a friend asked if it worked for him and it did, so I have him my PW and he played for me

yanicehand
02-28-2005, 07:32 AM
this has actually happened to me several times, usually with some sort of engagement i forgot about/thought i could finish before. (hello and welcome to gamblers anonymous) also occasional internet outages. easiest solution: call a friend and give him your pw to play it for you.