PDA

View Full Version : now that i think about it....

jt1
02-28-2005, 06:24 AM
Now that I think about it, I should have simply called the first re-raise and check folded the turn. My only read on CO is that he wasn't throwing his money away.

I limp with 88 in EP. MP limps. CO raises. BB calls. We both call.

(4 bb) 4 9 9 rainbow

BB checks. I check. MP checks. CO bets. BB folds. I raise. MP folds. Co re-raises. I cap.

(8 bb) 7

I bet. He calls

K

I bet. He calls

What about my line? What about my diagnosis?

mantasm
02-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Check out the hand in this bdk thread, it's a similar situation, and it's analyzed well: link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1816735&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

bernie
02-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Thinking he has TTs-QQs?

b

einbert
02-28-2005, 06:34 AM
If you're going to call the flop raise and check/fold the turn, you're better off folding to the flop raise. You're not getting 20-1 or whatever to draw to two outs.

I think you should fold when he raises your check/raise, he has you beaten and you don't have the odds to draw.

jt1
02-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Mantasm,

I just read your link. It's good.

I disagree with Einbert, because, if I have AK or AQ, I would re-raise a check raise to get a free card on the turn. So calling the re-raise is good to see if that's what he's playing. If he does check the turn and winds up betting paint on the river then you can safely fold. I think that's the best way to approach that situation.

bdk3clash
02-28-2005, 01:21 PM
I think it's important to call the last flop raise because this is often a "free" card play that gets checked behind on the turn.

I like checkraising this flop and folding the turn unimproved if it gets 3-bet. If I had capped the flop I'd lead the turn + river just to stay consistent, but I wouldn't have capped the flop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif