PDA

View Full Version : Taj Mahal Train your dealers better

Mikey
02-28-2005, 04:43 AM
playing at the Taj the last 2 times I have seen numerous errors by the dealers and the floor people aren't competent either.

I understand the floor people are busy all the time running around table to table to handle situations but certain things are completely ridiculous......

Situation 1.

20-40 Short handed.

River situation, and the Board.

My opponnent who is first to act checks.
I bet and he reaches for a large stack of chips to come over the top of me, lays down 4 red, then 4 more red, then 4 more red, then i quickly beat him to the pot with a call, and he pulls back the 4 he went to raise with.

The dealer didn't speak a lick of English and she motioned to him "the bet stays" now she didn't say a thing....... she just nodded with me and agreed with me when I said outloud and explained, sir you raised.... he argued and said he didn't that it was just a call....

So naturally we call the floor over. The floor asks what happened, I explain the situation to him and the dealer just nods yes, not once did he ask the dealer anything. I said to the floor,
" this guy checked I bet, he raised and I called, look my $80 is there and now he pulled his money back. Ask the dealer she saw it...."

Floorman: "doens't consult once with the dealer, looks at me laughing and jokingly and says come on...... next time make the guy complete his bet"

I said: "are you kidding me...?? she saw it. ASK HER."

Me like a mutt loser that I am.... "ok.. ok... who cares... I turn my cards over and so does he, he loses I win, I don't win the extra $40.

Now I honestly almost never get mad at a table, but this has got to be one of the biggest things that has pissed me off in a long time. Incompetent dealers and incompetent floor people and slimy scumbags.

Situation 2.
20-40. 10-handed.

Folded to the SB and he raises the BB, he raises and raises it to $20 more, the $10 he has in there plus $20 more, = $30. The BB doens't notice and he calls.

I say to the dealer as she is dealing the flop, the pot is short $10, now she has enough time to count it down and she doesn't, she gives me the "ok nod" meanwhile the SB bet and the BB called she scoops the rest of the money into the main pot.

I'm saying to myself, are you kidding me???

Situation 3:

The TAJ cards. Are you kidding me, 20% of the cards are bent or creased or whatnot...... lets get some new cards in this place.

This post is not to complain but I still think the games there are great, but honestly, what type of floor people work there because they are doing a lousy job??

lighterjobs
02-28-2005, 05:47 PM
I think more people would respond to this if you put it in the 'b&m cardrooms' section.

Luv2DriveTT
02-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Remember - the Taj is in Chapter 11 right now, they must find ways to squeeze out every last dollar until the reorganization of their debt is finished. It would be wise to guess this is why their cards suck.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Blackjack
03-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Isn't this a BM post?

PokerPaul
03-01-2005, 03:02 PM
A couple of comments:

[ QUOTE ]
he reaches for a large stack of chips to come over the top of me, lays down 4 red, then 4 more red, then 4 more red, then i quickly beat him to the pot with a call , and he pulls back the 4 he went to raise with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a stick in the mud, but to be honest he definitely put in 40 for the call, and then only 20 more, thus not completing the raise, when u all of a sudden beat him for another 40 call which he did not make yet.

Kind of like when u make a string bet without completing the full amount it does not count as a raise unless full raise amount was put up.

You should have been more patient.

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to the SB and he raises the BB, he raises and raises it to $20 more, the $10 he has in there plus $20 more, = $30. The BB doens't notice and he calls.

I say to the dealer as she is dealing the flop, the pot is short $10

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are correct, however, this pot was exclusively between the SB and BB. If they don't notice, thats their business. Why are you playing armchair floorman and directing everyone there, and getting upset over it.

pudley4
03-01-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of like when u make a string bet without completing the full amount it does not count as a raise unless full raise amount was put up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the majority of cardrooms rule as follows: If the amount put in is 1/2 bet or more, it's considered a full bet. This is regardless of whether the player goes all-in for that amount, or just puts that amount of chips in as a bet/raise.

juanez
03-02-2005, 02:27 AM
So naturally we call the floor over. The floor asks what happened, I explain the situation to him......

The fact that YOU were explaining the situation is unacceptable and wouldn't fly in the card room I work at. The dealer is supposed to explain the situation in a neutral manner, letting the floor person make the decision.

I know many dealers are, ummmm, not proficient at English, but a basic understanding is essential.

Sorry to hear you had trouble....dealers and floor people like this give us all a bad name.