PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions, one quick, one more in depth

me454555
02-28-2005, 04:41 AM
First the quick one

Loose 4/8 holdem. I'm in the CO and look down @ A7s, 3 players limp, I raise? Correct or should I call?

Now the more in depth one. This is a seemingly recurrent situation of having the best hand and being forced to pay off.

Laggy 9/18
I got KK UTG+2. Complete lag UTG+1 raises, I 3-bet he calls. Flop T93r he checks I bet. Turn x he checks I bet he check raises. I think for a while and call down. He flips over 99 for the flopped set.

Similar situation occured in another 4/8 game I was playing . I held aces, raised pf, some maniac 3 bet me and I capped. Flop 887. I bet got a few callers, turn X. I bet again, someone (not the pfr), raised me. I thought and called down. He flipped over 89 for the flopped trips. In this situation the pot was huge pf given the 5 way cap but I still don't think I had the odds to chase on the turn.

The reason I presented both situations together was b/c it was pretty clear that I represented/had an overpair in both cases by my play. In the first situation, my opponent actually commented on it. Both players raised w/hands they represented and I paid off the whole way. Does anyone fold either of these hands?

ThePenguin
02-28-2005, 04:58 AM
With regards to your KK hand, I would have re-raised the Turn, especially since you say the guy is a lag. Sucks that he hit a set, but a lag will also check-raise you with top pair if he thinks you have overs. The aces you should lay-down. When you are raised by some "lurkin' turkey" (that's a quote from my daddy) with that kind of board and four others in, he's gotta be strong.

Argus
02-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Someone covered overpairs, so I'll tell you about suited aces, and the answer is it depends. The argument for raising is to buy the button (and knock out the blinds), and because you just might have the best hand preflop. I always find postflop play easier when you are the aggressor, and you set yourself up for a free card very well. Since your game is loose, this is the line I take. In a tight game 3 limpers is rare and you risk getting 3-bet by a button hoping to pick up what by now is a tidy pot. For this reason I limp in tight and/or aggressive games.