PDA

View Full Version : Final Update: Looking for Backers

Greg (FossilMan)
09-14-2002, 11:12 AM
The FossilMan backing arrangement is a go. I have now received emails from people wanting to back me totalling over $30,000. Thank you all very much for your confidence in me. Later today or tomorrow I will email all the backers with information for sending in the money, and a week or so later the whole thing will officially begin.

If you still want in, email me immediately at:
raymers@worldnet.att.net

If you don't know what this post is about, see my original post entitled "Looking for Backers" about a week ago.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

09-14-2002, 12:02 PM
I often fall prey to the donation requests from TV evangelists during the heat of the moment. When it comes to sending in that check I normally have returned to my sanity and go buy a hotdog instead.

Good luck Greg

09-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Hi Greg
I've been reading your column and respect your playing abilities to a T. However, I do have some reservations about purchasing a unit. Most importantly, how can I be sure that you will never scheme on a session. For example, you play a 10/20 at Foxwoods and you earn $400 net, however you poclet $50 for that XXX and $20 for expense yyy. well, what i am trying to say is, how can I be 100% certain you report every session evenyl and honestly.

Thank you,
joe

MMMMMM
09-14-2002, 03:19 PM
joe: "well, what i am trying to say is, how can I be 100% certain you report every session evenyl and honestly."

Here's how, joe: stand right behind him and watch him very closely. That way he'd have to be awfully good to get away with anything;-)

ohkanada
09-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Those who know Greg know this is not even an issue.

Ken Poklitar

Greg (FossilMan)
09-14-2002, 03:51 PM
which is why I said in my initial post that I only expected to hear from people who already knew me.

I know I'm trustworthy, and people who know me well also know that. But there's nothing I can say or post here to prove it to you. You'll just have to come to Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun and hang out with me awhile.

Thanks for your question.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Fitz
09-14-2002, 05:15 PM
Greg,

I hope you do very well this tournament season; it sounds like you are "due" if that is possible. I'm sorry to say I can't invest; I think it would be an interesting and exciting to have a piece of a player of your calibur. My impending nuptuals and the accompanying purchase of a larger home to accomodate the new larger family have squeezed my own bankroll until the nickels are screaming... lol.

I just wanted to wish you good luck. If the need for investors should arise again, I hope I'll be in a better position to join.

Good Luck,

Fitz

Anadrol 50
09-14-2002, 05:58 PM
You guys crack me up.................

Greg (FossilMan)
09-14-2002, 06:41 PM
for the kind thoughts and words. Good luck on your upcoming marriage and family situation.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)