PDA

View Full Version : my PT stats

chesterp
02-28-2005, 04:12 AM
after 7,000 hands (only had PT a week or 2)
this is mostly party 2/4, with a little bit of 1/2 and 3/6. full ring Limit. avg. of 3 tables at once
26-27 vpi
6.3 rpf
46 wsd

down $400 with this. rough week- just even with bonuses
i know we're supposed to be the $ bag for higher limits, and i'm borderline frown and smiley. am i too loose for these low limits too?
i suspect it's more turn and river problems, and need to figure out more about PT to learn this
one thing i notice- i seem to have made little w ak, aq, and even w aj, at, lost w a9. i rpf any pos. ak, aq. i only play a9 late, but rpf. play at and aj mid.
also, i generally automatically bet flop and turn when i rpf even if i don't hit (unless other bets or raises). then i chek river and fold (call every once in awhile with ak or aq) maybe this is good upper limits but not where i play?
maybe i should give .5/1 a shot. sucky couple weeks though. thanks for your critique

captZEEbo1
02-28-2005, 04:29 AM
raise more pf, limp less pf. I think you should not be playing $2/4 until you fix some leaks. Drop down to $.5/1 until you can consistently beat it.

[ QUOTE ]
also, i generally automatically bet flop and turn when i rpf even if i don't hit (unless other bets or raises).

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad strategy. Betting flop and turn after a pf raise is VERY board and player dependent. One thing to keep in mind is, anyone with ANY pair is calling you down. Don't assume people think you have AA and can fold. Assume people will call down any pair. If you pf raise A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif, flop comes T/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif and 5 people see a flop, as painful as this is, your plan should be: check-fold regardless of position. Maybe that sounds weak-tight to some, but I think it's a general good way to avoid getting yourself in trouble.

If you pf raise A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif and 4 people see the flop and it comes down 7/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, then betting flop and turn is crucial, because it's actually for value/protection, as you likely have the best hand right now.
I recommend you reading Small Stakes Hold 'em, especially "playing overcards" section.

One more leak a lot of people have is cold-calling. You should not be cold-calling a pf raise very often in limit poker. Even though QTs is pretty, fold that to an EP raise. Same with A9, 77, etc. Most of the time you should be 3-betting or folding. Cold callign works okay if you suspect 5+ people to see a flop, then you can cold call with any pp or hands like KQs etc.

ebranig
02-28-2005, 04:31 AM
What's your username? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Though 7,000 hands is a small sample size, you're playing above your head.

VPIP Should be a bit lower
RPF Should be slightly higher
W$SD Should be significantly higher.

Drop down to .50-1, post hands, and read. Also, 3-tabling may be too much for you since your game needs some work.

stir
02-28-2005, 11:52 AM
What the others said and..

definitely drop down to .50/1. Read SSH. Then read it again. Post hands that you have doubts about how you played on the micro forum.

chesterp
03-01-2005, 01:12 AM
interestingly enough, i've been reading SSH lately (mostly done) and suddenly am doing much worse. i'd been making $10/hr 4 tabling .5/1 at prima for months. but yes- was only at $4/hr. there 1/2 and slightly down 2/4. most my time was .5/1 though so i'm way up overall (made between $400-$1200/month the last 4 months there) so recently finally started party, and have read so much on 2+2 that it's so loose and fishy, i decided to skip .5/1. maybe i do just needto head back down. also, at prima i've been around 70% WSD, WAY more than these 7,000 hands at PP. calling a lil more now actually, thanks to SSH. and actually, at prima i did cold call rpf more than i should (88, qj suited), but have slowed down on that lately after reading SSH.
soback to ak... flop j 9 3 rainbow. i get 2 callers. turn is 7. if early pos. you say chek and fold to bet here? if last to act, still bet or no?
thanks
in the meantime, i think i'll move to .5/1 on party to get thru the reload.

Rudbaeck
03-01-2005, 01:21 AM
You want to get VPIP down by 10%. PFR should go up a bit, but that's not really major. You're playing too much crap. On Prima you were obviously insanely lucky.

Postflop aggression is really important.

chesterp
03-01-2005, 02:10 AM
well, there's no way prima was luck, cause we're talking 4 months, 400 hours total, avg. 3-4 tables= around 70,000 hands. can't imagine luck is possible over 70,000 hands.
i think more likely there's been "unluck" over 7,000 hands at party, but even that # is enough to realize that i can't beat 2/4 party like i beat .5/1 prima. also, keep in mind at prima that i was just making about 2 BB/hr/table since i multitabled

Rudbaeck
03-01-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well, there's no way prima was luck, cause we're talking 4 months, 400 hours total, avg. 3-4 tables= around 70,000 hands. can't imagine luck is possible over 70,000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 95% confidence interval is still going to be something like 0.75BB in each direction after 70k hands. And you could very well be in the last 5% and be far further off.

70% won at showdown combined with a 25+ vpip is not possible to sustain.

Bytestream
03-01-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
W$SD Should be significantly higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the stat he posted was actually "went to showdown" and I think that 46% is way to high.

Your problem is that you are probably calling to much with mediocore/weak hands and/or chasing to much.

Your preflop VPIP is too high, which is probably why you are flopping the many weak hands that youre calling down.

Rudbaeck
03-01-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the stat he posted was actually "went to showdown" and I think that 46% is way to high.

Your problem is that you are probably calling to much with mediocore/weak hands and/or chasing to much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was indeed Went to Showdown there is no probably in that sentence. He plays junk and goes to the river with it. From holding up 70% 'wsd' on Prima as better I got the impression that it was in fact w$sd he meant though.

chesterp
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM
sorry i wasn't more clear. by wsd, i meant WON at showdown, which was 70ish at prima. i folded if i thought i was beat on river. now after some SSH reading, i've been calling more with pot odds and could explain how i'm below 50% now. but a bigger reason for this now may be bluffing too much. i basically never bluffed at prima- now i often do if last to act, or sometimes 2nd to last, and noone has bet. maybe this is my problem. is there a way to check in pokertracker what my #'s are when i bluff? another thing i started doing every once in awhile is- say there are 3 in the pot. i'm small blind. flop is 852 rainbow. i have q2 suited. i bet thinking it's a lame flop and they don't have anything, and i should steal before they get something on the turn. bad idea? should i instead fold?

buffett
03-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Dude.
Listen to the addicts and pooh-bahs.
You're too loose preflop.
W$SD of 70 is unsustainable.
If you want to talk strategy, please go to the small- or mid-stakes forum.
Good luck out there.
-web

Rudbaeck
03-01-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to talk strategy, please go to the small- or mid-stakes forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

0.01/0.02-1/2 go in microlimits.
2/4-15/30 go in small stakes
20/40 and up go in mid/high

Choose the right pond. /images/graemlins/smile.gif