bj45 is at seat 3 with 3425.
Bubbamaster is at seat 4 with 990.
SuffersFG is at seat 5 with 2050.
danxxx1 is at seat 6 with 3790.
mets1 is at seat 7 with 2630.
emptyseat88 is at seat 8 with 4915.
kdotsky is at seat 9 with 4355.
The button is at seat 7.

emptyseat88 posts the small blind of 30.
kdotsky posts the big blind of 60.

kdotsky: 4h 7h
Pre-flop:

Melon303 has disconnected, is dropped.
1mlallis calls. big_dutch folds. Melon303 folds.
bj45 calls. Bubbamaster calls. SuffersFG folds.
danxxx1 calls. mets1 calls. emptyseat88 calls.
kdotsky checks.

Flop (board: 2d Ah 2h):

emptyseat88 checks. kdotsky checks. 1mlallis
checks. bj45 checks. Bubbamaster checks. danxxx1
checks. mets1 checks.

Turn (board: 2d Ah 2h 6h):

emptyseat88 checks. kdotsky bets 420. 1mlallis
folds. bj45 folds. Bubbamaster goes all-in for 930.
danxxx1 folds. mets1 calls. emptyseat88 folds.
kdotsky calls.

This is scary, the guy flat calls my bet and the short-stack's all in. I'm not sure what to do here - warning bells are going off, I could be already beat. Only thing I can beat is him drawing to the Kh, an ace, or trip 2's, though it seems like a strange call with just an ace or the Kh. He could have 66, maybe A2, or a higher flush already. I decide to call with the intention of calling a non-heart (or otherwise scary, like an ace) river. Thoughts?

River (board: 2d Ah 2h 6h Kd):

kdotsky checks. mets1 goes all-in for 1640. kdotsky
calls.

schwza
02-28-2005, 11:51 AM
as strange as it feels for me to advocate folding a flush, i think you should have done it.

with 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif's on board and 7 people in the pot, i think that villains are betting an A on the flop, so i wouldn't guess that the short stack or the cold-caller had hands like AT. if anyone's got a 2, it's most likely A2s or 22, in which case you're drawing dead, so i wouldn't think they were slow-playing trips.

that leaves flushes or boats. for bubbamaster to push, i think it's most likely he has a flush. if he had a made hand on the flop (except a boat), i would expect him to bet it. and when the other guy cold-calls, i would expect him to have a boat.

it's a fairly small bet to you on the turn, but you have to imagine you're going to face an all-in on the river if you're behind, and you have no draws to improve. in the best case, you're up against the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and an A, and even then you have to dodge a lot of outs. i think it's a fold on the turn.