PDA

View Full Version : 3-handed Power Play

Jeff W
02-28-2005, 03:37 AM
Button is tight pre flop and hasn't adjusted his opening requirements enough for 3-handed play. He is stuck about 20 BB.

The last few hands have involved the blinds being stolen and shortly before that I won three hands in a row with legitimate hands.

Re: The flop call. I know the call is marginal at best, but I felt that I could not allow the other players steal on the flop at will. I planned to checkraise any Q, 5 or spade on the turn.

Thank you for your comments.

--

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Qs, 5s.
Button raises, 1 fold, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 8h, 3s, 9h (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 8s (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 4c (2 players)
Hero bets...

captZEEbo1
02-28-2005, 03:55 AM
well given the c/r on turn, you MUST fire river in order to get A hi to fold.... I think you're probably toast in this hand though.

BradL
02-28-2005, 04:15 AM
I like the semibluff on the turn though if i was playing the hand against you i would have expected you to bet the flop with mid pair so im not sure how believable it is. if you often check mid pair out of the blind after a button raise then its fine. the river lead is automatic. If nothing else show it down and get plenty of action in the future.

the one thing that you should consider imo when making a play like this is that it does hinder your odds to your flush so you should expect it to work enough to make up for the extra money put in. the success rate for a play like this is of course read and opponent dependent.

-Brad