PDA

View Full Version : Easy river value bet?

BradleyT
02-28-2005, 02:37 AM
Taking a bit of a break from o/8 and played some holdem tonight.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero ....

W. Deranged
02-28-2005, 02:41 AM
I think this is a pretty good place to value bet the river. With four other players in, it is possible that one of them has a 7, though my guess is that many players would be out their seven for fear of it being checked behind. It seems more likely that you've got someone hanging in their with a worse king (who'll almost certainly pay you off) and a bunch of missed draws/combo hands. There may even be 98 kicking around (who obviously was just counterfeited). On average, a value bet here may be good for two big bets, which is what it will cost you if you get check-raised (and can't confidently lay the hand down... which I wouldn't in a pot this big). So, if you think you're ahead 50% of the time (which I think you are) value bet.