PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice (xpost)

NAU_Player
02-28-2005, 02:30 AM
I just started playing party 5+1 NL 3-table SnGs and was wondering what kind of suggestions people had as far as moving up in buy-ins. (strength of opponents at higher levels, bankroll suggestions, etc) Also, what books have good advice for online tournaments?

Thanks
NAU_Player

adanthar
02-28-2005, 04:14 AM
Don't play 5+1's; move up to 10+1's for less rake. Make sure to read TPFAP and HOH, especially HOH.

Bankroll...eh, if you ever go broke with any sort of a reasonable stake (say, 15-20 buyins) in the low buyin three tables you're doing something wrong enough to warrant posting lots and LOTS of hands.

SuitedSixes
02-28-2005, 04:24 AM
-Get out of the $5+1s now.
-Eat at Bunhugger's whenever possible, there will come a time when you live hundreds of miles away and crave their burgers and fried mushrooms so badly that it seems like a good idea to drive 5 hours for dinner.
-Go to Slide Rock at the first sign of spring. By this time it has been a long time since you've even seen a girl's elbow, so seeing a bunch sunning themselves on the red rocks of Sedona in bikinis is unfathomable.
-Go to the Natatorium every time they show Jaws. You haven't lived until you've watched that movie floating on an inflatable raft.
-Never play poker with a girl with a heart and dagger tattoo.

If NAU stands for Northern Alabama University, only the 1st and last applies to you.

NAU_Player
03-01-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-Get out of the $5+1s now.
-Eat at Bunhugger's whenever possible, there will come a time when you live hundreds of miles away and crave their burgers and fried mushrooms so badly that it seems like a good idea to drive 5 hours for dinner.
-Go to Slide Rock at the first sign of spring. By this time it has been a long time since you've even seen a girl's elbow, so seeing a bunch sunning themselves on the red rocks of Sedona in bikinis is unfathomable.
-Go to the Natatorium every time they show Jaws. You haven't lived until you've watched that movie floating on an inflatable raft.
-Never play poker with a girl with a heart and dagger tattoo.

If NAU stands for Northern Alabama University, only the 1st and last applies to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no, its AZ. I ate at bunhuggers for dinner /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the advice guys!

bweiser8311962
03-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Harrington's book is excellent.

Don't move up to $10 until you are ready. You may save slightly in rake (not really, because $1 is $1), but your entry fee is half. You can play not quite twice as many tournaments and get more experience.

SuitedSixes
03-01-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ate at bunhuggers for dinner

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of my advice?