PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice

NAU_Player
02-28-2005, 02:27 AM
I just started playing party 5+1 NL 3-table SnGs and was wondering what kind of suggestions people had as far as moving up in buy-ins. (strength of opponents at higher levels, bankroll suggestions, etc) Also, what books have good advice for online tournaments?

Thanks
NAU_Player

ClaytonN
02-28-2005, 02:27 AM
1-Table tournament forum. You'll get better advice there /images/graemlins/wink.gif

NAU_Player
02-28-2005, 02:28 AM
thx

willie
02-28-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(strength of opponents at higher levels, bankroll suggestions,

Thanks
NAU_Player

[/ QUOTE ]

1. They're bad up to the 50s- now i notice some better players around consistently.

2. Bankroll- have at least 30 buyins for the level before you move up- i prefer having more like 50 for a little cushion incase i start running bad.

edfilan
02-28-2005, 03:21 AM
Party SNGs are my comfort food. They are a very consistent source of revenue for me, and any time I hit a slump with MTTs and/or rings I head back to the SNGs for some TLC. I agree that they are very soft up to the $50+$5 range, and even there it's not uncommon to get a fish or two at your table.

Something that I did early on was that if I won an SNG (1st) or came in 2nd or 3rd twice in a row, I'd take a shot at the next level. If I lost, I went down a level.

Good luck!

sloth469
02-28-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1-Table tournament forum. You'll get better advice there /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He's playing the 3-Table SNGs not the 1 table SNGs. I think this would be the correct forum. With that being said no one seems to answer questions about 2 or 3 table tourneys.

I make a good deal of money in the the stars 2 tables, i think it is best to play tight the first few rounds until the maniacs are either big stacks or gone and then open it up. I prefer the 2 table turbos, but they leave no room for passivity. Go hard or go home.

Good luck

-sloth