PDA

View Full Version : Holdem tip from an Omaha player...

touchfaith
02-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Was just re-reading (again) some books this weekend and got to Bob Ciaffones 'Omaha Holdem Poker'...

Bob, when speaking to how Omaha is funner to play then Holdem for the simple fact that you have the opportunity to play more hands, has a good hidden tip for holdem players.

Enjoy...

[ QUOTE ]
"I can remember holdem sessions where the cards just weren't running for me at all for five or six hours. When you go that length of time without picking up a pair bigger than nines or two big suited cards, two tens look huge. When some guy who has been holding cards all evening and running over the game raises the pot, it is tempting to take those tens and play back at him in situations where it's wrong. A drought of decent cards at holdem can warp the mind." ---Bob Ciaffone, Omaha Holdem Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

johnnybeef
02-28-2005, 02:25 AM
this is soooo true. it is also why it is a good idea to leave a game when this is happening to you

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-28-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is soooo true. it is also why it is a good idea to leave a game when this is happening to you

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good idea to leave the game on while on tilt. But you cannot prevent a downswing by leaving the table.

lighterjobs
02-28-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love live play so much, but I get hardly any variance when playing live limit hold'em as opposed to multi tabling o8 and hold'em. this is why i find myself playing in the card rooms less and less.

SackUp
02-28-2005, 02:55 AM
That's why you play 4+ tables so there is a greater chance you get some hands /images/graemlins/smile.gif

johnnybeef
02-28-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good idea to leave the game on while on tilt. But you cannot prevent a downswing by leaving the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see downswings and a few hours of bad starting hands as two different things.

TimM
02-28-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i see downswings and a few hours of bad starting hands as two different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I don't lose much when I never see a good hand. It doesn't pain me to fold a lot pre-flop.

It's when I am dealt lots of good hands that hit the flop and still lose that I have my worst downswings.