PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft, creating my character, help

dealer_toe
02-28-2005, 01:34 AM
I've never played any warcraft, so I'm not familiar with what each faction, class, being, whatever. Which combo is the best? ok probably to broad. I don't want to create my character then learn more about it and want to change it. But I can't really tell which is best, or which I would like the most from reading about it, because I don't know what most the stuff is due to my lack of experience.

help me out.

pshreck
02-28-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to create my character then learn more about it and want to change it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but, this is inevitable in MMORPGS. Youll get some guy to like level 29 then get all pissed at the race you chose and how you chose to upgrade him, no matter what advice you get. Just start playing and enjoy it.

WillMagic
02-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Honestly, your choices in the beginning aren't that important, and the game is good with every class.

The only qualifier I would give is that you probably shouldn't be a warrior - it's a pretty weak class. Paladins are similar in that they beat people with maces/swords, but they are much better.

Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Mage...they are all cool. And race doesn't matter at all, really...just go with your gut. Dive in and have fun.

Will

dealer_toe
02-28-2005, 01:40 AM
Alright, I guess I'm just going to do that. see you guess in about 3 weeks when I'm about ready to take a quick break.

mmbt0ne
02-28-2005, 01:46 AM
You want real advice...don't do it. Seriously, it's crack.

dealer_toe
02-28-2005, 01:54 AM
I know, this has been an option of mine today too. Just package it back up and return it. My poker is going to take a beating.

bd8802
02-28-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never played any warcraft, so I'm not familiar with what each faction, class, being, whatever. Which combo is the best? ok probably to broad. I don't want to create my character then learn more about it and want to change it. But I can't really tell which is best, or which I would like the most from reading about it, because I don't know what most the stuff is due to my lack of experience.

help me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends how you want to play. There are some classes are are MUCH better if you are going to play mostly solo and only group up with people when you have to. I would say for this the Hunter is the best class. I think the Tauren Hunter is a good combination as they get racial modifiers to armor and hit points.

If you think that you will group up with people you really can pick just about any combination depending on the stype of game you want to play. Warriors will be your typical meat sheild type class, Priests will be your typical healing type class. You get the idea. I think you should pick your charecter based on the type of game you want to play. If you do that you will have fun.

I just hit level 32 with my Tauren Hunter today. I am still having fun with him. I have a couple alternative charecters, but find my self sticking with the first one.

/bd

BradleyT
02-28-2005, 02:45 AM
In beta I had a tuaran (The big cows) who was a Shaman (healer). Most groups always need a healer type so if you'll be playing with friends it's a good choice, however they're kinda gimpy as solo.

I also had one of the blue dudes (I forget race) who was a rogue (theif). He could actually solo much better than I expected.

Haven't played since beta though, switched over to EQ II when it was released. Played that WAY too much but now I'm down to 2 days a week for just like 2 hours a night.

Like others said, it WILL cut into your poker time drastically.

astroglide
02-28-2005, 02:57 AM
there is no such thing as avoiding time-wasting when it comes to mmorpgs dude

ilya
02-28-2005, 02:59 AM
Why do you want to spend hours upon endless hours trying to achieve something in a videogame when there's so much to achieve in the real world. Don't do it, man, you only live once.

Chobohoya
02-28-2005, 05:37 AM
Fold preflop.

daryn
02-28-2005, 06:38 AM
ni han /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jimdmcevoy
02-28-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You want real advice...don't do it. Seriously, it's crack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matty
02-28-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Unless you want to buy my level 60 Priest ... =D (other, lower level characters are also connected to the account).

That's like, 3 months worth of work right there.

stabn
02-28-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What chu talkin bout asssstroglide?

P.S. For the love of god someone help me quit.