PDA

View Full Version : how should I play this type of hand?

lighterjobs
02-28-2005, 01:11 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Omaha/8 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

I know this is a folding hand because of the trouble I can get into while playing it, but I had position. Plus, I can always get lucky and catch a flop.

02-28-2005, 01:16 AM
I think you have to play it very tight (I'd fold it no matter what) because if the flop matches you can get yourself in more trouble than if you completely missed it.

CavemanDoc
02-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Simple. Fold pre-flop. Depending on the texture of the game, I'm not playing that hand regardless, let alone to a raise.

I never play for low only (sometimes play for high only); especially when I essentially need an A and a deuce to come on the flop.

lighterjobs
02-28-2005, 01:25 AM
yeah i agree. I shouldn't have called the raise especially when I am looking for an A and 2 for a low. I can't really make anything out of this hand.

johnnybeef
02-28-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I can always get lucky and catch a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to sound like an [censored] or anything, but ive heard people say this to justify calling 72off. one of the biggest mistakes you can make in omaha 8 is calling with a hand that needs 2 perfect cards to hit. this is definately one of those hands.

lighterjobs
02-28-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I can always get lucky and catch a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to sound like an [censored] or anything, but ive heard people say this to justify calling 72off. one of the biggest mistakes you can make in omaha 8 is calling with a hand that needs 2 perfect cards to hit. this is definately one of those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand what you are talking about. i just switched from plo to o/8 as my main game so it's taking time for me to get used to the differentials of both games.

chaos
02-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I would fold this hand in your position for a single bet. It is definitely not worth calling a raise.

[ QUOTE ]
but I had position

[/ QUOTE ]
Not by my thinking. The UTG player raised and you have four players to act behind you. That is not what I call having position. You ended up with last position, but you certainly didn't have position when you decided to call the raise with your piece of cheese.