PDA

View Full Version : d'oh!

snakehead
09-14-2002, 04:18 AM
today, a player who raised btf and bet all the way, checked the river on a board of T626Q the other player bet, and he called. the bettor showed QT, for top two, the raiser showed his hand to his buddy and mucked. what are you doing, the friend said, you had KK!

after we ribbed him for a while, an older player related this story: he was sweating a friend who was playing 1000-2000 lowball heads up. his hand was 64jokerAA. after several raises before the draw, the player announced, "one card!" he glanced back at the sweater for a moment, then grabbed the joker and discarded it. of course, he caught a deuce.

btw, that player now only rarely plays over 75-150.

andyfox
09-16-2002, 12:01 AM
I played a hand not that long ago where it was checked around on the river, me in last position. Opponent A showed his hand, opponent B showed his better hand, and I then mucked the best hand. As it was going into the muck, it was one of those slow-motion nightmares, like a Sergio Leone movie. Oh, well. I played it well up until the river.

The worst I ever saw was in a monster draw pot years ago. My buddy on my left is involved with 3 others and they go a hundred and six bets before the draw. Of course the other 3 stand pat and my buddy asks for 2; before he can correct it to one, the cars are off the deck, and he is forced to take 2; he had 4 kings. (He should have stood pat anyway). Of course he pulls a pair for kings full and of course he loses to aces full.