PDA

View Full Version : Easy Push?

MeanGreenTT
02-28-2005, 12:55 AM
I get to my new table, severly crippled with just 800 chips, Blinds at 200/400 and we're 7 handed. There are however 3 players I recognize and all are dangerous!

1st hand I have to chuck, total garbage. Next hand I have KsTs and am only 2 more hands away from essentially being blinded out. But the 1st player to act has pushed all-in, making it 1400 to go. Now he's short-stacked as well but a damn good player and a local "captain" of the cardroom so I know he's not making this move with just nothing.

I also take note of a big stack player to my left who looks eager to call.

Easy "push and pray" for a chance to triple up, albeit it small one considering the betting and apparent read on the big stack being ready to call.

schwza
02-28-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now he's short-stacked as well but a damn good player and a local "captain" of the cardroom so I know he's not making this move with just nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

i would be more worried about an unknown than a known good player. a good player knows this is the last hand he has any folding equity so you could well be ahead. i would call.

ThrillFactor
02-28-2005, 07:08 PM
With T800 you have precisely zero folding equity with an UTG push. Take your chances with the decent suited hand and hope to triple or quad up (remember the blinds).

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you won the hand, then got berated by the "good" player for calling his open-push with such an easily dominated hand.

MeanGreenTT
03-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Thanks again, appreciate the insight.

[ QUOTE ]
With T800 you have precisely zero folding equity with an UTG push. Take your chances with the decent suited hand and hope to triple or quad up (remember the blinds).

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you won the hand, then got berated by the "good" player for calling his open-push with such an easily dominated hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually did fold and went all-in UTG the very next hand with K9 and got called by the BB with T1400 after posting.

Had I stayed in the last hand, I would've hit 2 spades on the Flop and a 3rd on the River to triple up with the Flush. The UTG all-in had shown AK and the guy playing with his chips called, showing AK...

Kronon
03-02-2005, 06:41 AM
I would say its an easy fold. Raising with a hand like KT is one thing, but calling is awful. The best you can hope for is an underpair or a hand like AJ, and in both cases you are a dog. Against most early raising hands, you are a huge dog.

I would much rather push with a hand like 57 as first opener, than call with KT.