PDA

View Full Version : PL rake

09-14-2002, 03:45 AM
I'm interested in trying to get either a PLO, PLHE, or half and half game going at the club I play at in Dallas and I was wondering, for the owner's sake, what would be the best way to rake, as I have never played PL w/ a rake. TIA.

Gavin

Greg (FossilMan)
09-14-2002, 11:05 AM

sportbettor
09-14-2002, 04:12 PM
If you are trying to figure out how to take the most money off the table a rake is obviously best, but no players I know would go for that in a big bet poker game (esp with no cap.)

Greg is right that a time charge is the way to go. All big bet poker games in Northern California charge a time fee of either $6 or $7 a half hour, with the exception of the hybrid $20-$200 at Garden City/Bay 101 which both charge $3 a hand.

09-22-2002, 11:50 PM
Yes, a time charge is fair for the players but what about the house. In Dallas Poker is illegal and you have to account for the risk you are taking as it is a 2nd degree felony(organized crime) to rake a poker game in Texas. Take into account rent, tables, chips, food/drink, cigarettes and tab unless you expect everyone to carry around their "rolls" with them and you better whack the [censored] out of it to make it worth your time, money, and risk. The games in Houston are rake ridiculous but I think $5 on a hundred is fair and take another $5 if the pot is over $500 and you should be okay. Good luck. I have family up there and sometimes play there so maybe I'll see you sometime.
Russ