PDA

View Full Version : 10s or 20s Short Stack Mid Level Play

yanicehand
02-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Ill again preface this by saying long term lurker, but sparingly a poster. (I attribute this to the fact that you can learn more by reading than talking) Anyways, it seems to me that for the lower levels (10s and 20s are the focus of this question) there is ALMOST a nearly universal correct way to play in the early levels (up to 7 players)-- tight. and also for the final 3 -- gamble for first, settle for third, aggressive etc. However, it seems that the middle, not even so much with 4, but with 5 or 6 players left is where I sense I have several leaks, and there seem to be several opinions on the correct strategy with a lower than average stack.

I think the fact that the question includes the idea that it is a lower than average stack is important, as with tight early play, it is entirely possible and in fact quite usual to reach level 4~ and have approximately 675-700 chips, playing very very few hands before that.

I have approximately 300 SNGs under my belt since adopting a healthy 2+2 reading habit, and have been quite satisfied with my results. However, I sense my play is rather weak when it gets to 5 or 6 people and I am low stacked.

I understand that the exact nature of the other stacks, the exact level, etc, are important, but I am curious if there is a general set of guidelines you adhere to in such situations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Matt
yanicehand on pp

P.S.
if there is a previous post like AleoMagus' guide for the 10+1s that handles this question a little more specifically, that would be very helpful as well.