PDA

View Full Version : a couple links about he war on terror

brad
09-14-2002, 01:06 AM
http://www.salon.com/books/int/2002/09/12/dershowitz/index.html

the alan dershowitz link.

' It's hard to forget that post-Sept. 11 Osama bin Laden video, the one where he and his comrades sit slouched around a room, beaming, almost giggling over their masterpiece terror act. It's as if even they couldn't believe they pulled it off. To them, Sept. 11 was a wild success.'

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/osamatape.html

its possible the osama tape is a forgery or cia dirty trick or whatever. i dont think its a big deal as i dont think it matters but its interesting i said is there any evidence against bin laden? and only the tape was mentioned (as firmly convincing evidence, btw.)

http://www.anncol.com/september_eng/1209_TOP_US_OFFICIAL_LIED_ABOUT_AL_QAIDA.htm

and finally, just a link about how this al qaida thing is used to justify whatever officials want. in this case a guy 'amends' his testimony before he gets hit with perjury charges. heh.

'US Assistant Secretary of State Rand Beers has admitted that he did not speak the truth when he last November declared under oath that Colombian guerrillas had received training in terrorist camps in Afghanistan'

MMMMMM
09-14-2002, 01:39 AM
the bin-Laden tape a fabrication...r-i-g-h-t...and even if it was, it wouldn't take away all of bin-Laden's exhortations to his followers to kill and plunder all American males wherever they can be found, and the threats continually made by al-Qaeda against the US.

I know you're really keen on conspiracy theories brad, but let's use a little common sense here: throw out the tape if you want--it doesn't matter--al-Qaeda has attacked us and boldly states that it will do so again...and how about all the morons in the Middle East who thought it was really a US/Israeli plot to give the US an excuse to attack? Or maybe it was the Vulcans who engineered 9/11 because they are mad at us because we killed Spock and took the original Star Trek off the air. Well if it was the Vulcans, we haven't got a chance of beating them, unless diplomacy might succeed. So maybe we should commission the authors of that web page to be our emmissaries to Vulcan, and send them off on a 5-year mission.

brad
09-14-2002, 05:14 AM
well, state the evidence.

in any event bin laden worked/works for the cia.

brad

brad
09-14-2002, 05:42 AM
let me be blunt; if you think the reason the bill of rights is being scrapped is because of 500 fanatical muslims (administrations own number of 'active al queda') then you are insane.

brad

MMMMMM
09-14-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm not talking about the Bill of Rights here, although I am quite concerned about it too. I just think its ludicrous to believe that the bin-Laden tape is likely a phony. He's made many statements proving he is a terrorist, and he's organized other terrorist attacks throughout the years and this is a known fact. So the bin-Laden tape fits right in with his character, his statements, and his past actions, and therefore it is far more logical to assume that it is real than that it is a fake.

MMMMMM
09-14-2002, 11:49 AM
What are you talking about? Haven't you read bin-Laden's and al-Qaeda's public statements? While they deny responsibility for 9/11 (for obvious reasons) they brazenly state that their goal is to kill and plunder Americans and to wage jihad against America. Bin-Laden is known 100% to have been responsible for other notable terrorist actions in the past. So why in the world should we presume that he didn't orchestrate 9/11 and that the tape is a phony? That's all I'm saying...the guys who wrote that part of the website are probably crackpots and that it shows a very strange outlook.

MMMMMM
09-14-2002, 03:13 PM
Just because bin-Laden may have "worked for" the CIA in the past does not imply that he is still on good terms or has ties with the CIA. The CIA commonly engages the sevices of individuals for specific purposes and later breaks ties with some of them (or they break ties with the CIA). The CIA does not only have employees, it also has operatives, associates, and liasons, and sometimes contracts out work or cuts deals certain individuals. Sometimes of course some of these contacts are necessarily unsavory characters. So without much more detailed information, it means little to state that bin-Laden once "worked for" the CIA.