PDA

View Full Version : Updated Clark NCAA tourney seeds

Clarkmeister
02-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Overall Seed (sometimes seeding rules prevent potential matchups from occurring so I just listed them in order.)

1 Seeds:
1. Illinois
2. North Carolina
3. Boston College
4. Wake Forest

2 Seeds:
5. Duke
6. Kansas
7. Kentucky
8. Gonzaga

3 Seeds:
9. Oklahoma State
10. UConn
11. Washington
12. Arizona

4 seeds:
13. Michigan State
14. Louisville
15. Syracuse
16. Villanova

MEbenhoe
02-27-2005, 10:07 PM
How do you still give BC a #1 over Kentucky?

Alobar
02-27-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really tho

kentucky will be a #1 seed

Clarkmeister
02-27-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have more quality road wins. They have fewer losses. They are going to win the deepest conference in the country outright. Frankly, I don't think it's close. Honestly, I had a tough time not moving the Zags up another spot or two above KY and KU. What possible argument is there for Kentucky over BC other than the name on the front of the jersey?

Just because I know you hate these comparisons: They lost to Nova by 6 in a nailbiter on the road. Kansas lost there by 30. Kansas also beat Kentucky at Kentucky.

MEbenhoe
02-27-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are going to win the deepest conference in the country outright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean regular season or tourney? cuz no way they win the tourney, and Kentucky should be able to take the SEC tourney. Kentucky gets the nod.

Clarkmeister
02-27-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are going to win the deepest conference in the country outright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean regular season or tourney? cuz no way they win the tourney, and Kentucky should be able to take the SEC tourney. Kentucky gets the nod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regular season obviously, since that's whats more meaningful. Even so, you still haven't given me a reason why KY should be above BC right now for a #1 seed. Heck, I'd like to hear why they should be ahead of the Zags, Duke or KU really. I don't think there's a single reason. Losing at home is bad. Getting handled by South Carolina is terrible. They've gotten very lucky in several other games. The SEC sucks this year, worse than even my beloved lowly Big Ten. The only thing saving them right now is the name on the jersey, nothing else.

MEbenhoe
02-27-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regular season obviously, since that's whats more meaningful. Even so, you still haven't given me a reason why KY should be above BC right now for a #1 seed. Heck, I'd like to hear why they should be ahead of the Zags, Duke or KU really. I don't think there's a single reason. Losing at home is bad. Getting handled by South Carolina is terrible. They've gotten very lucky in several other games. The SEC sucks this year, worse than even my beloved lowly Big Ten. The only thing saving them right now is the name on the jersey, nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're arguing something different than me. You're arguing that BC deserves a #1 seed more than Kentucky, which they do, they're a better team. I'm arguing that Kentucky will still get the #1 seed over BC.

Clarkmeister
02-27-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You're arguing something different than me. You're arguing that BC deserves a #1 seed more than Kentucky, which they do, they're a better team. I'm arguing that Kentucky will still get the #1 seed over BC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coulda fooled me. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

These aren't my predictions, they are what I think should be, in a correct world. Gonzaga will surely get shafted as well, despite being entirely more deserving than OK State and others.

MEbenhoe
02-27-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

These aren't my predictions, they are what I think should be, in a correct world

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. In that case I'm impressed you gave Duke enough love to make them your #5 team overall.

vetman81
02-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I think KU will get a 1 seed. They have the #1 RPI in the nation and will win the Big 12. I think OSU will get a 2 seed. The game between these two today was a classic if anyone got to see it. I agree with the other poster that BC wont get a 1 seed. If Duke loses to UNC next week, they may even fall to a 3. There are so many good teams that this will be a fun month.

Clarkmeister
02-27-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are so many good teams that this will be a fun month.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I basically think that after Illinois and UNC, everyone else is deeply flawed and basically sucks. I think it's a real down year for college hoops.

It reminds me an awful lot of a few years ago when UConn and Duke were clearly the two best teams and met in the final. IIRC, Duke entered the tourney about 3/5 that year, UConn was about 3-1, and no one else was single digit odds to win it all. Thats about what it should be this year, though IL and UNC should be much closer in odds to win than Duke and UConn were.

Clarkmeister
02-27-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

These aren't my predictions, they are what I think should be, in a correct world

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. In that case I'm impressed you gave Duke enough love to make them your #5 team overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think that they are better than KU, KY and the rest that are below them, if for no other reason than the Rat will have them playing filthy D and they have heart. It's such a mish-mosh of stuff after the top two, I'll take the team that plays good D over the others, and the win over UNC is enough to justify the seed, despite the horrifically bad loss at Va Tech, because KU and KY both have similar bad losses but not the same level of quality win (KU @ KY is close, but losing 3 straight has really exposed them, even if 2 were in OT).

Clarkmeister
02-28-2005, 12:06 PM
BTW, do you really think KU wants any part of OSU in the Big Twelve Tourney? I'm thinking no the way yesterdays game went.