PDA

View Full Version : Flopped small flush, 1/2 NL, Turning Stone

dtbog
02-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Setting: 1/2 blinds NL at Turning Stone, $100 max buy-in.

Villain (~$200) limps from CO, hero (~$145) limps on the button with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, SB folds, BB ($75) checks.

Flop: $7 [A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

BB checks, Villain bets $10, Hero raises to $35, BB calls $35. Villain pushes, covering hero and BB.

Hero - ??

Things to consider:

- Hero is fairly certain that villain will not
limp AA/QQ in LP.
- Does the presence of the third player change this hand?

BobboFitos
02-27-2005, 09:37 PM
yo dt I was at TS this weekend. what did villain look like? and is your name "david" ?

propervillain
02-27-2005, 09:37 PM
I realize I am just a newbie. But here's my 2 cents. If you're sure he wouldn't limp from that position with AA/QQ, then you have to have some idea of what he may limp with as well. J-10, K-J, 8-9? It looks to me like you are either WAY ahead, or WAY behind.

NiceCatch
02-27-2005, 09:57 PM
You're beat. I hope you layed it down. Thing is, I think the BB had you, not the villain.

dtbog
02-27-2005, 10:00 PM
My name is Dave, yes. Did I play with you? That'd be fn sweet.. PM me =)

>Edit - Rob.. holy shit, PokerStars hat, sitting in the 5 seat of table 17 in the Torch Lounge, huge stack of chips? Yes, I played with you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DB

xorbie
02-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Villian could easily have K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ here.

BobboFitos
02-27-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My name is Dave, yes. Did I play with you? That'd be fn sweet.. PM me =)

>Edit - Rob.. holy shit, PokerStars hat, sitting in the 5 seat of table 17 in the Torch Lounge, huge stack of chips? Yes, I played with you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DB

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAH! I reraised you with jacks!

nice playing with you man, no idea how to say brown trout or whatever live... i dont speak much at the table =)

edit - (aside from my awful spelling) yeah, I did well at that table, the last hour or so I just folded 100$ or so away though. I hope the guy in seat7 /8 (that whole end of the table) donated you his stack, I just didn't get the opportunity to take it.

BTW, I actually (a long time ago) posted a hand I played against you. (I think)

BobboFitos
02-27-2005, 10:20 PM
OH! Brutal beat in the QQ hand vs JJ. I talked with my friend a bit about the hand. Two quick things;

-He hadn't slept in 48 hours
-He dind't put you on the ace, so I think he completely forgot about KK and QQ and hoped you had TT or under.

Hope you rebounded

dtbog
02-27-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

HAHAH! I reraised you with jacks!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... yeah you did. I threw away AQo that hand, I think. (I made it 7 from CO, you made it 21 from BB?)

[ QUOTE ]

ncie playing with oyu man, no idea how to say brown trout or whatever live... i dont speak much at the table =)

[/ QUOTE ]

You too dude... PM me next time you're going up there! I mentioned 2+2 at the table a few hours after you guys left, and no one expressed any sign of recognition. Oh well.

I went off-tilt after that QQ vs. JJ hand I lost to your friend, and I recovered from $30 back to almost $300. (I did the same thing to someone else in a smaller pot, AA vs. TT all-in after the flop, spiked a T on the river)

How long were you guys at TS? We left at about 1 AM.

-DB

dtbog
02-27-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OH! Brutal beat in the QQ hand vs JJ. I talked with my friend a bit about the hand. Two quick things;

-He hadn't slept in 48 hours
-He dind't put you on the ace, so I think he completely forgot about KK and QQ and hoped you had TT or under.

Hope you rebounded

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh.. see my other reply about that. That hand put me on life-tilt, as you saw. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was wondering why he called there with JJ (though I liked it at the time, until the Jack hit), because my significant preflop raise had suggested high pair or an ace. I can see some people making that c/r bluff there with a lesser hand -- though when I checked to him and he bet the ace, I acutally put him on KK and thought I could move him off of it with a c/r all-in.

Oh well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DB

BobboFitos
02-27-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering why he called there with JJ (though I liked it at the time, until the Jack hit), because my significant preflop raise had suggested high pair or an ace. I can see some people making that c/r bluff there with a lesser hand -- though when I checked to him and he bet the ace, I acutally put him on KK and thought I could move him off of it with a c/r all-in.

Oh well.

-DB

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda wondered why too. My friend Alex (kid in the bruins jersey) loved the call, I hated it. I hated it for the reasons you mentioned, (as in, what did he put you on that he could beat?) but I guess the justification is:

He didn't think you'd check raise all in with an ace (AK, AQ) and he (incorrectly, I guess) assumed you'd move in on him pf with KK. (Although maybe you would) So I think he put you on a smaller PP (then jacks) that didn't set trying to move KK / QQ (or, in his case, JJ) off his hand. I still dont like it, but he got lucky.

BTW, the VERY next hand, (you discussed it afterwards with the kid to my right, he called way too many raises and over-raised pf...)he DID set vs Greg's 10s, right? I told him I overheard you two talking about it, (he said J7, but that was BS... I think) and he felt bad about laying down his overpair. Did he set?