PDA

View Full Version : Missed Semi-Bluff?

KJS
09-13-2002, 11:59 PM
2-4 on PP. I am losing bad but playing pretty well and only showing down good hands, especially after raising pre-flop. Curious who plays this hand differently.

UTG limps, I raise w/AdQd, one cold caller behind, blinds call and UTG (limp) reraises. I call and others call.

Flop is 8d 6h 3h

Blinds check, UTG bets, I call, others fold. HU

Turn board is 8d 6h 3h [9d] giving me 2 overcards and nut flush draw

UTG bets...call or raise. Why or why not? Soroll down for results.
I just called. The river was an A. He bet and I called. He showed AKo. It made me wonder if I could have gotten him to fold on the turn with a raise. He probably calls and I still lose but in the future, I might be able to win if the river is also a blank. Of course, it is a rare player that limp re-raises without a big pair so perhaps this is not a good course. But, if he had limped and not re-raised would it be?

KJS

Vehn
09-14-2002, 12:06 AM
In my experience online you will not get out overcards here with a turn raise. Save yourself some $. If he did not limp reraise its an easy raise on the turn IMO.

Ginogino
09-14-2002, 01:52 PM
Someone interrupted as I was counting, but at the point you are considering re-raising there are 10+ big bets in the pot. If you have a player-specific reason for thinking he will fold, the by all means re-raise. Otherwise, I think you made the right play.