PDA

View Full Version : You can make a billion dollars a second playing on Party Poker!!

DrewOnTilt
02-27-2005, 08:28 PM
You can make a billion dollars a second playing on Party Poker!! Just go to my shitty looking website and pay good money for a crappily written ebook that contains no valuable material at all! It's easy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What is it going to take to get rid of these dang spammers in the Party chat windows? I suppose I could just block the railbird chat myself. Seriously, though, these nitwits are just plain annoying. I've been bonus whoring today, and I swear I've seen the same message 10-15 times from probably 6 or 7 different screen names.

Jack of Arcades
02-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Party could solve this problem by limiting chat to those who have a buyin for the table. IE, nobody could talk at the 3/6 table unless they had, say, $60 in their account.

DrewOnTilt
02-27-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party could solve this problem by limiting chat to those who have a buyin for the table. IE, nobody could talk at the 3/6 table unless they had, say, $60 in their account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea. Only who could we suggest it to? info@partypoker.com?? HAHA I made myself laugh with that one.

Emmitt2222
02-27-2005, 09:00 PM
But then we can't have fun being rail birds to a bot. Seriously, that made my Saturday and you can't sweat anyone then either. I don't think they should do that, I think they should just get better customer service, something they sorely need.

TobDog
02-27-2005, 09:05 PM
I accidentally right -clicked on a party skin chat window the other day and saw an option to block observer chat, now this wont keep them from spamming but we dont have to look at it, BTW I never saw this mentioned anywhere here or there before.

Rudbaeck
02-27-2005, 09:56 PM
You don't have $300 in any account on the Party network? (Enough for a buy-in at 15/30.)

spentrent
02-27-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can make a billion dollars a second playing on Party Poker!! Just go to my shitty looking website and pay good money for a crappily written ebook that contains no valuable material at all! It's easy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What is it going to take to get rid of these dang spammers in the Party chat windows? I suppose I could just block the railbird chat myself. Seriously, though, these nitwits are just plain annoying. I've been bonus whoring today, and I swear I've seen the same message 10-15 times from probably 6 or 7 different screen names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Drew, I made a parody of these eBooks: http://www.saabpo.com

Please excuse the adwhoring, but I really am in it for the art.

Oh yeah, there's no eBook to buy. SAABPO gives it all away for free, but keeps the Heads-Up strategy a secret /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Tater10
02-28-2005, 12:25 AM
i right click on the chat window, and "Turn Off Viewer chat" is an option. I dont think you can default it to that.

david050173
02-28-2005, 03:38 AM
There are ton more solutions. Basic one is auto scan for URLs and one is detected have customer support look at it right away. If it is spam ban chat on that account (but dont' tell them let them keep typing away but have it only show up on thier screen:)). There are tons of other solutions. They just don't care.

Reef
02-28-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
not bad

spentrent
02-28-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
not bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I'm especially proud of the "book cover" with the "4+4=8" logo. I have WAY to much time on my hands. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

DrewOnTilt
02-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Has there ever been any organized or formal complaint or petition about anything presented to Party? One never knows; they might listen if enough people complain.

Then again, I recently read that PartyGaming now has 55% of the online poker market, so that's pretty much a license to say "I don't give a [censored]."

Exsubmariner
03-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Or it's a license to sell mass chat messages to spammers. Do you think those bastards would do it? AOHell did. Do the math.....