PDA

View Full Version : Internet Poker Superstitions @ Good Luck Charms

InternetPokerPro
02-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I realize that they have no basis in fact . . . but I am curious as to what superstitions and/or good luck charms internet poker players subscribe to.

In the spirit of getting things started, mine is that I listen to the same CD and/or artist every day until I have a big losing session. Then I change music the next day and continue the pattern.

lorinda
02-27-2005, 06:22 PM
It's unlucky to be superstitious.

Lori

reid savid
02-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Superstitions can be good for something like poker because they can keep you focused. Just don't let them get too complicated.

I always wash my hands 7 times before I play, and 7 more after a winning session.....just kidding.

gila
02-27-2005, 06:43 PM
When I am on a big downswing, instead of going on tilt, I just throw my computer through the window. This seems to bring the downswing to a halt.

parappa
02-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I have a variety of little good-luck trinkets I picked up on my trip to Japan. I haven't unwrapped most of them. When I get upset after a loss, I open one and it cheers me up.

poison_lady
02-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Never noticed that I did this before I read this thread, but I always light a lilac candle on my desk before I play.