PDA

View Full Version : Any really big mistakes entering SNGs on party? (low real content)

d1sterbd
02-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Every once in a while I accidentally enter a Stud game or a Omaha Hi/Lo game when I am trying to enter a NL Hold'em game. I am just wondering if anyone has made any really big mistakes like entering a Step 5 when trying to enter a Step 2 or something like that. I seem to do well in Stud games but apparently I don't know what qualifies for the "Lo" in Hi/Lo. LOL

-d1sterbd

spentrent
02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
I've jumped into a PL game without finding out 'til level 4.

Wu36
02-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Played a 7stud sng thinking it was stud8, didnt find out til we were 4handed. Suprisingly(maybe not so suprising when you only play aces,trips and low straight flushes) I had the chip lead until my 6 low failed to get me half of a big multiway pot.

El Maximo
02-27-2005, 09:00 PM
I did the same thing in a limit sng the other day. Never got a hand til level 4. I go to push and I can't find the lever. I'm like wtf?

david050173
02-27-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did the same thing in a limit sng the other day. Never got a hand til level 4. I go to push and I can't find the lever. I'm like wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that feeling. YOu think you are playing with idiots with all that miniraising. Then you get a hand and realize your mistake.

1C5
02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Not yet but probably one day....

Scuba Chuck
02-27-2005, 10:42 PM
I was 4 tabling level 1 steps tonite... (didn't do so hot in my MTT).

Anyway, I learned pretty quickly that one of them was a Limit STEP. YUK.

Anyway, I placed! And, you can use that for the NL free rolls. Thought that might interest you.

yanicehand
02-27-2005, 10:48 PM
strangely enough, i just opened this up wondering the same thing as i have entered my fair share of limit SNGs by accident. of my 3 experiences, im 3 for 3 ITM, and i havent played limit seriously in a couple of years. just now i accidently entered an omaha hi/lo sng. imagine the utter befuddlement that occurs as you see pocket aces dealt to you then all of a sudden it gets paired with a jack of hearts and a six of clubs? i was so upset with myself at first, but i ended up winning. in fact, even i have approximately 40 minutes of previous omahahilo experience under my belt, i had about 5000 chips with 5 people left, and im sure i annoyed the hell out of the other players with my maniacal and aggressive style, reraising on a low draw etc. or perhaps they thought i was a bot.