PDA

View Full Version : full house from big blinds

Argus
02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
This was at a live 3/6 game that is typically very loose and very passive. I'm talking 6-8 players to the flop typically and it goes to showdown 80% of the time I'd say. Even though I'm a winning player over 20k hands mixed from 1-2 to 5-10 online, I can't seem to beat this game. I tell myself that it's because the variance is high at games like these, but it's always good to check your play too.

CO sat down only an orbit or two ago and is from out of town; he was talking about the 15/30 game he likes to play back home. He also showed down K2/images/graemlins/heart.gif flush to beat my pocket kings. It's his "road hand". MP2 is a loose terrible player that thinks she is good, but she doesn't play much of a role in this hand. Let's just say if she calls you know she has been dealt two cards. Now that you know the cast, here's the hand.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T8o.
MP2 open limps, CO calls, SB completes, I check, all others fold. 4 to the flop is rare at this table, and I'm already trying to figure out if this is the twilight zone or what.

Flop: 8T3 rainbow
This is what I dream about from the BB. Raising at this table kills your action, so I bet out instead of a check/raise. On a two suited or monotone flop I'd c/r, but I think my hand is good. MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: another T
I make a tight, and am quite pleased even though the pot is small for this table. I bet, MP2 folds, CO raises, I 3-bet, CO calls.
This action tells me he has the case ten, or maybe pocket 8s. I can't see any other hands going this way.

Turn: A
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls.
This is the street I'm unsure of. This table loves free showdowns (to the extent that they will check through the nuts closing the action), but I don't know if this dude is like that. He could also just figure his kicker is better than mine, or be a WADB. So what's the line? Bet/call, bet/fold, or check/call?

mr pink
02-27-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So what's the line? Bet/call, bet/fold, or check/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

well since check/calling and bet/folding look pretty bad, bet/calling looks pretty good.

Elizabeth
02-27-2005, 05:56 PM
You can raise the river if you think you're a 55% favorite. This guy has already shown you that he'll play K2s for a raise. I'd lean towards one more raise. But it's your judgement of character that matters.

(a) is he smart? If you don't trust his ability to value hands, it's a easy raise.

(b) would he play this way with KT, QT, JT, or 88? If you think he's that aggressive it's a raise too.

Elizabeth
02-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Yeah, you have the third nut (and it's a home game too?). The right question is after how many raises do you stop.

Alexthegreat
02-27-2005, 06:05 PM
3-bet, and call a 4-bet....He doesn't have AA, the only hand that beats you is AT...He almost certainly would have raised the flop with AT....So he probably doesn't have that....

mr pink
02-27-2005, 06:07 PM
yeah you kind of have to assume he has you pegged for at least a T here when you 3-bet the turn. it really depends on your opponent whether to 3-bet the river or not. i was just saying that of the 3 options the OP gave, 2 were clearly sub par.

einbert
02-27-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm 3-betting and calling a cap in a live game here every time. I would against a lot of opponents online as well.