PDA

View Full Version : Good laydown ?

theredpill5
02-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi.

I'm having a great day so far. It could have been better maybe. Read the next hand. Thanks.

Hero $104 in MP
Villain $31 in BB

My 3rd hand at the table. 1st hand doubled me up. Had never played with villain before.

Hero has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls
EP1 calls
Hero raises to $3
Folded around
Villain Calls
EP1 Calls

8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Pot= 8.60
Villain bets $1
EP1 folds
Hero raises to 5.50
Villain Calls

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif $19
Villain pushes all-in $23
Hero folds

DoomSlice
02-27-2005, 05:04 PM
It's certainly not a bad laydown, especially if Villain is a bad player (who knows).

However, if Villain isn't a dolt, then this becomes closer to a call.

I'm stumped, and I'd probably fold.

Caruso329
02-27-2005, 05:19 PM
I think he's using that scare card to push you off your hand personally. Why would villain bet $1 then smooth call your raise with just a 10? Why would villain push with trips? If I was villain I would bet another small amount, let you raise, and I would come over the top or either push the river. Same thing if he has JJ or 88. I think Villain maybe has a missed AK or a lower pp like 9s. His turn play just seems too suspicious.

theredpill5
02-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Good job. I made an incorrect laydown here. In the chat box, afterwards. One of the guys said to villain, KT ? He said, no , straight flush draw. Or straight and flush draw . Something like that. So I put Villain on Ac 9c or Kc Qc. He turned out to be a complete idiot who was pushing all-in whenever he had a flush draw or straight draw. Like I said, though, it was my 3rd hand at the table. Someone else ended up getting his stack. I was 70% to win on the turn if he had 15 outs. Some of his outs were probably counterfeit though.

I was 60 % to win if he had Kc Qc and 70 % to win if he had Ac 9c . I think he had Ac 9c because he seemed like an any ace kind of player.

What if he was a good player, though? Can you see him betting $1 if he flopped the straight and then pushing on the turn for fear of the flush draw ?