PDA

View Full Version : foxwoods tournament, who knows the area well?

09-13-2002, 05:17 PM
Im looking to go down to foxwoods for the tournament in October, and was wondering if there are somecheaper hotel rooms in the area. If anyone knows the area well, could you tell me if I would be ok just going down and looking for a cheap room for a few days, or will I need to make arrangments in advance? Thanks.

Dynasty
09-14-2002, 05:52 AM
You should definately make arrangements in advance.

Foxwoods is literally in the middle of a large woodland area. There are hardly any businesses within about a 5-10 mile radius of the resort (other than a Dunkin Donuts next to the employee parking lot). It's trees, trees, a little water, and then many more trees as far as the eye can see. So, "just going down and looking for a cheap room" would probably be a very difficult and long endeavour.

Dynasty
09-14-2002, 06:05 AM
Other than the Grand Pequot Tower and Great Cedar Hotel which are part of the resort, there's a Two Trees Inn nearby. It's about a 15 minute walk away and has shuttle to Foxwoods. The Hilltop Inn is 3 miles away. Their # is 877-965-0500. The Mystic Hilton is 10 miles away. Their # is 800-445-8667.

Greg (FossilMan)
09-14-2002, 11:03 AM
I would go to the Yahoo yellow pages link, and look for motels in and nearby to North Stonington. Even better is if you use the yellow pages to find Foxwoods, and then click the "find nearby" button, and then search for motels. It will show you all the places as they get out further and further. Make some phone calls, and you'll find the one that has your personal preference for combining proximity and price.

Some of these places are kinda dumpy, but none of them are totally awful, and certainly none of them are dangerous, in the sense of being high-crime problems.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)