PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Boyd chip count updates

ttleistdci
02-27-2005, 04:02 PM
The tourny that Dutch auctioned of stakes of himself for is today. He's posting periodic chip counts via his phone on his web page blog.
Should be interesting to see how he does.
I, for one, hope he does well. He'll have a few happy backers also if he makes the money.

Good luck Dutch.

grandgnu
02-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Dutch Boyd sucks monkey nuts. He's an easily tilted douche with too large an ego. Good luck collecting on any stakes you've made with him. This kid has got a TERRIBLE reputation in the poker world nowadays.

Joseph Busti
02-27-2005, 07:50 PM
cool avatar. That has to be one of the funniest scenes from the WSOP this year.

grandgnu
02-28-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was my idea, but -Syk- in these forums created it for me. "Pokah is nice, I luv play pokah"

Blackjack
02-28-2005, 01:17 AM
Who's that in your avatar

lighterjobs
02-28-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who's that in your avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

Chow Giang. he's a poker pro.

zaxx19
02-28-2005, 02:54 AM
Hmm Chau Giang looks alot like Chow Giang...interesting.

He is easily one of the top 25 cash game players and beats the big game @ the Bellagio. Not too shabby...just not big on the English.

Autocratic
02-28-2005, 03:03 AM
To his credit, his kids are fluent.

grandgnu
02-28-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To his credit, his kids are fluent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play pokah for my children....for my children I play pokah! And yes, it's Chau Giang

wray
02-28-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt...When I try to tell people about that I just don't sound quite as funny as Chau.

wjmooner
03-01-2005, 01:08 AM
he's gone. Out of the money. Sweet.

WJ

TimTimSalabim
03-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Failing was the way to assure himself a profit. History repeats itself.

The T.A.
03-01-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he's gone. Out of the money. Sweet.

WJ

[/ QUOTE ]
And he got knocked out by calling a reraise all-in with his QQ, with two people already committed to the pot.

The kids just don't know how to laydown face pairs, these days.

TBag
03-01-2005, 04:25 AM
Does anyone have a link to that clip?

whiskeytown
03-01-2005, 04:29 AM
what the hell is that current post on his site...

it's like he posted an email from one of his backers on his site...probably a dumb oversight....but still, I wouldn't want my address posted on his site as a backer...

ah well...

RB

WinBig
03-01-2005, 10:52 AM
From his website - guess he didn't figure out how to fold QQ. How ironic.

"I also remember two hands I played against Charlie Sewel. Both times I had QQs. The first time he raised preflop and I just called. I was thinking of folding, and I hope someday to be the kind of player that can just fold there and be done with it. But I called hoping to hit a set. The flop came ten high... he bet, I raised, he reraised and I folded. I showed him the QQs and he did me the favor of showing me the KKs. The second time I had QQs again in late position and he just limped. I raised. He considered folding but I think I talked him into the call. The flop came JT9 rainbow. He bet 1000 and I just called. Turn was an A. He bet 1000 again and I called. River was a 2. He bet 2000. I called and he shows a ten. I take the pot. I was really proud of how I played these hands... even though again I hope to be the kind of player one day who would have folded preflop with the QQs. It's hard to lay down an overpair. Harder still to call a significant bet with only an underpair."

Zetack
03-01-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, though, I really believe that you can will a certain card to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...yeah. Ok I guess that's why you play on tv and I play 3/6 online. As soon as I figure out that little technique I can get out of the kiddie pool and start making---oh never mind.

--Zetack

[ QUOTE ]
Be the table. Be the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sure that helps too.

lighterjobs
03-02-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm Chau Giang looks alot like Chow Giang...interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, i feel like a real jackass now. thanks.