PDA

View Full Version : Good slowplay?

neocenturion
02-27-2005, 03:44 PM
villian and hero stack almost equal. $5 SnG, 40BB

villian(SB): -- --

hero: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Pre-flop:

hero raises to 60. All fold to villian in SB. Villian calls. BB folds.

Flop (board: T/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif):

villian checks. hero checks.

Turn (board: T/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif):

villian bets 150. hero raises to 600.
villian calls.

River (board: T/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif):

villian bets 325. hero goes all-in for
315. villian is returned 10 (uncalled).

ZBTHorton
02-27-2005, 03:51 PM
You can almost guarentee he's on a flush draw, so it looks like you kind of got "unlucky" if he hit.

I don't mind slow playing sets though. You've got 7 outs to a boat on the turn and 10 on the river. So you still have outs.

callmedonnie
02-27-2005, 04:53 PM
The flop is pretty safe so that check makes sense. When the next club fell it is time to start betting. I will bet into sets more than I slowplay them. What was his stack and your stack in the beginning of hand? If he is big, he can afford to pay to see cards and I would typically let him. Giving him a free card allows more chances to make some sort of draw he'd pay for on turn. Still, not a bad play at all.

curtains
02-27-2005, 05:14 PM
It's fine to slowplay, although I would usually bet the flop against most opponents, especially in lower limits where once it gets to the turn, they may no longer feel the need to call with just overcards.

willperkins
02-27-2005, 05:31 PM
I do not like to check on the flop and overbet the pot on the turn.

Even with trips, I would bet about 2/3 of the pot on the flop to give anyone drawing to a str8 or flush the incorrect odds to draw.

It is hard to tell from your post, but it looks like the villain bet the pot on the turn (t140?). After his bet, there should be about t290 in the pot. I would have raised it to t300.

Pretty much a moot point though because everything worked well for you when the board paired.

Good for you.

Strollen
02-27-2005, 07:04 PM
I'd bet 60 again, which most of time signals at low level SNGs. "Damn the flop missed but maybe they'll fold to my pathetic bet" If he reraises you know he has overpair or A10 and if calls he is on the draw.