PDA

View Full Version : Please define "Scoop"

ptrack mike
02-27-2005, 02:53 PM
I am adding the Won High %, Won Low % and Scoop % fields to the next PTO beta and I had an important question. I know the definition of "scoop" is one player winning both the whole high pot and the whole low pot, but if no low is possible based on the board OR no player qualifies for the low is it still considered a scoop for the player winning the whole pot based solely on the high? I want to make sure I get this right or I'm sure I will hear about it later. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

Klak
02-27-2005, 03:04 PM
yeah. for sure.

Beavis68
02-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Scooping is winning the entire pot, how ever you do it.

sammy_g
02-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Mike,

This is correct. Glad to hear you are adding this!

Have you thought about adding stats for when you get quartered in one direction?

Thanks,
Sam

ptrack mike
02-27-2005, 06:59 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif So which way am I correct with? I am still confused.

You can see a quartered high or low if the winner of the high or low says [--Split--].

Beavis68
02-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Scooping is winning the entire pot, getting 3/4 is not scooping.

JinX11
02-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Mike -

To answer your question directly: yes, if no qualifying low exists, the best high hand "scoops". However, if the high hand is split, this would not constitute a "scoop".

Best manner for determining a scoop might be comparing the pot size to the pot won by the player: if these numbers are equal, this would be counted as a scoop.

Thanks, btw, for the new PTO - awesome!

benfranklin
02-27-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/smile.gif So which way am I correct with? I am still confused.

You can see a quartered high or low if the winner of the high or low says [--Split--].

[/ QUOTE ]

Scooping means winning the whole pot, either by (1) winning the low and the high, or (2) winning the high when there is no qualifying low, or (3) when everyone else folds.

In the first case, the hand history will say something like:
xxx wins $1 from the main pot with a flush
xxx wins lo ($1) from the main pot with 6,4,3,2,A

In the second case, it will say:
xxx wins $1 .....
There was no qualifying low hand.

In the third case, it will say:
xxx does not show cards
xxx wins $1 .....

Some people talk about a "3/4 scoop", when you win one way and split the pot the other way. Usually, this involves winning the high and splitting the low with another player. This is still a split pot, and not a scoop. In this case, the hand history will say:
xxx wins $2 .....
xxx wins lo ($1) .....
yyy wins lo ($1) .....

ptrack mike
02-27-2005, 07:26 PM
OK, thanks for helping me out. A hand will be counted as a "scoop" in PTO if a player wins both the entire High pot and the entire Low pot OR one player wins the entire pot in a hand where no low was possible or no player held a qualifying low hand. Whew!

FrankLu99
02-28-2005, 07:10 PM
do u have stud & stud 8 on PT? add those too.