PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Strong Critique...

xGoreDudex
02-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I have been playing online for the last two weeks, between PokerStars and PartyPoker. I have decided to go full-tilt to PartyPoker because of their bonuses and well, the easier tables.

However, I am definatley not one to knock "fish" because everyone needs to learn, and lets face it, the "newbie" will loose his/her money than somebody a little more seasoned.

However, I need some critique on my personal game at the .50/$1 level.

I find in order for myself to come out of the night with any sort of profit at this level is that I only see the flop about 15-18% of the time, Anymore and I seem to be loosing.(probably calling with too many marginal hands out of position) Now, I am obviously no poker expert, but is this flop seen percentage decent for this level?.

My other question is that my bankroll is now closing in on me moving to the $1/$2 level, now I understand that their wont be a huge difference, still be a lot of poorer beats because people don't lay down their marginal/crap hands as much as the higher stakes, but would I be better off multi-tabling at the .50/$1 level? instead of going up to $1/2?

Anyway,
I know I didn't post a lot about how I play, but I usally try to play very very tight, then when I do catch a good hand, bet the crap out of it and punish people who want to chase to the river, this always isn't a great stratgey when you get to the higher levels i.e 5/10 but I'm looking to move out of this low limit scene all-together and play some more meaningful poker. However, I have a lot of work to do on my game and I'm hoping I can get some critique from some people here, as well as maybe some advice as to how they moved out of low-limit without adding anymore to their bank then their orginal stake and "playing" their way to better tables, I keep my bank stirctly at the 300bb or above level.

Thanking You,

G.

pokerkai
02-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Heres a strong critique for ya...

YOUR BEING TOO VAGUE

emil3000
02-27-2005, 02:31 PM
I can't really comment on everything, it's a bit vague. 15-18% VPIP is a good number, 15-18% flops seen is too low. You are missing some profitable opportunities, but given your description of your postflop play they might not be profitable for you.

As for moving up without adding money, well, you just have to play, and bonuswhore.

EDIT: This goes in the beginners or micro forum BTW.

GrunchCan
02-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Welcome to thwe forums.

Read WLLH and SSH. Read the stickied FAQ and every post in the micro-limits forum for a month. Add your thoughts to the existing threads. Don't feel bad when you are quickly corrected when your advice is wrong. Its a great way to learn.

Don't move up in limits until your game is ready for it. Why would you want to?